2000 Toyota Celica - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Celica model:
Awesome looks and reliability!
By CeliSamurai on 05/20/10 15:40 PM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback

I bought this car with 108,000 and now has 140,000. And let me tell you, nothing needed to be replaced! I just chose to replace the brakes and spark plugs right when I bought it. I love this car! Looks awesome, gets awesome gas mileage (35 MPG highway) They could give it a little more horses but its quick regardless weighing just over a ton. Also great winter car, just throw a sand bag in the trunk and your good to go.

Best car I've ever owned!
By cantrells3 on 02/17/10 12:33 PM (PST)

2000 Toyota Celica GT-S 2dr Hatchback

I've had my 2000 celica since 2006 when I bought it used and it has been amazing. I have had almost no problems with it even though I bought the car with 80,000 miles. Only thing that has happened is the distributor went out at about 100,000 mi, and one of my CV joints went out at the same time( which I highly recommend fixing as soon as it goes out, the car used to turn on its own with the broken one) Besides that though nothing seem to be going wrong my check engine light is one at 150,000 but still runs as smooth and powerful as the day I got it.(most likely O2 sensors)

I love my Celica
By denyse on 01/24/10 12:23 PM (PST)

2000 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback

I've had my Celica for 4 1/2 years and this is by far the best of the 5 cars I've owned. It's really comfortable, even on long trips, holds TONS of stuff in the trunk, is sporty, good looking and reliable. I'm at about 111,000 miles, and although I've had to put some money into shocks, belts, etc. lately, it's nothing that I didn't have to expect to do for a car of this age. I've had 2 mechanics tell me that I should easily get to 250k miles if not more without major problems, and that in their opinion, this is one of the most reliable cars you can own. The ONLY car I would ever trade this in for is a newer Celica...I'm planning on driving this baby til it turns to dust.

Amazing Car
By Renee on 01/02/10 20:36 PM (PST)

2000 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback

When i found my celica, it wasn't even for sale officially. They were going to sell it to an auction because it was just a trade-in, with about 125,000 miles on it. I fell in love with it instantly and bought it anyway. It was the best, and most dependable car i have ever owned. The only thing i had to get done was oil changes, and was amazing on gas. i recently got in an accident, someone T-boned my drivers side. her front end was demolished, and i didn't even get a bruise. by this time there was about 155,00 miles on it..and still running absolutely perfect. I'm looking around for another celica right now, and there's no possibility that i will be purchasing anything other!

LOVE my Celica!!!
By bdnintendo on 11/15/09 22:06 PM (PST)

2000 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback

My Celica currently has 135,000 miles on it and is running STRONG! I do have a bit of a lead foot, but it's really hard not to with this car. It just makes you want to drive like a race car driver! It has unbelievable handling, awesome looks, and a one of a kind design! This car turns A LOT of heads! VERY reliable, gas efficient, and easy to fall in love with!

Great Car
By Craig on 08/11/09 10:01 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback

Bought mine with 116,000 miles on it. It now has 169,000. Replaced tires, clutch, changed coolant, had it tuned up and had all 4 struts replaced (not out of necessity, just because I wanted to). It's been running perfect ever since. I get (30 mpg) even when I drive it hard and have fun. Check engine light came on about a year ago, I replaced the Cat. Converter, light still stays on, but the car runs fine. I keep waiting for it to give me a sign it's ready to be traded, but I believe I'll be waiting a while for this to happen.

Not too bad...
By Ghost on 06/05/09 23:58 PM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Celica GT-S 2dr Hatchback

I bought this car used with TONZ on miles. 160,000. They said it had been rebuilt. NOPE. Car ran great with miles, even put up with me building it, turbocharging it, and street racing, all the way up to 160mph. These cars motors are great, they make a little clatter cause of the VVTI-L, but otherwise a great handling vehicle. Try taking a corner at 30mph, drop a low gear and floor it out of the corner. Whew.. the car will make you smile. AMAZING performance with turbo. Enough said. Great little car, not quite fast enough acceleration to be a race car, but it did okay with builds. The car has 170,000 miles on it today, and still stands up and shouts with the best. I give it a 8 out of 10.

Fresh Whip
By NDubK on 05/12/09 12:08 PM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback

I've had my Red 2000 Toyota Celica GT for 2 years and have had only few repairs done to it. (Tire router, Tie rod, O2 sensor) and it runs amazingly. The Celica does not have the strongest engine, seeing it's only a 1.8L engine with an inline 4, but it does have a surprisingly fast acceleration due to it's light-weight design. My Celica has been turning heads everywhere I go, and that's half the fun of driving isn't it? She hugs turns with amazing grip. I can go 45mph on a highway ramp without any body roll! I've kept her in amazing condition, and babied her for as long as I've had her. I highly recommend buying a Celica if your looking for an inexpensive sports car.

Great Car
By Z16 on 02/21/09 08:25 AM (PST)

2000 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback

Bought it for the wife 4 years ago. This car just keeps on going. Runs amazingly well in snow with Goodyear Triple treads. I am going to move up a couple of years for her next car. Why did they ever stop making these cars?

Long time owner, still a fan
By ME1 on 01/19/09 20:23 PM (PST)

2000 Toyota Celica GT-S 2dr Hatchback

I have owned this car for almost a decade now. I've had it stolen, the rims were stolen while I was in Basic Training, and crashed it at least 5 times (once for over 10,000 dollars worth of damage, lol) I still love this car. I finally bought it three years ago, and am now finally finishing a lot of the projects I thought, my meager budget could handle (stereo, performance parts, etc.). It was rough on clutches, 2 in the last 100,000 miles, or maybe I was rough on clutches. Great brakes, only changed twice. Tires normally go out about every two years, but you can't have everything. (I blame the stopping power.) I'm having trouble finding what to replace.