2000 Toyota Celica Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Celica model:
Commands a second look from by-passers
By balaji subramanian on 08/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Celica Hatchback GT-S 2dr Hatchback

Great performance, fast on the road, futuristic look on the interiors - definitely an owner's pride

great car man
By Saam on 08/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Celica Hatchback GT 2dr Hatchback

i just bought one recently.. its a joy to ride.

Celica GT-S (auto)
By MedicGuy on 06/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Celica Hatchback GT-S 2dr Hatchback

I've been driving my Celica for over two years now. It's been a very reliable piece of transportation. I'm somewhat disappointed in the high rev'ing powerband. Even in the "sport" tiptronic mode, I find that it has minimal power to move across intersections or through traffic. Once the engine reaches full "boil" performance is better. Interior and exterior fit and finish have held up well over the last 2.5 years. It requires Premium grade fuel, so expect to pay out the $1.62+ at the pump.

Sweet Ride!
By wickedpete on 06/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Celica Hatchback GT-S 2dr Hatchback

My first brand new car and it has been all I expected. This is one car where the payments do not become a burden because you are having so much fun getting wherever you have to go. The aftermarket is good and getting better. Some available stuff: Custom exhaust, body kits (beyond "action package"), short shifters, headers.... well, everything but a turbo or surpercharger (but coming soon).

graduation present :D
By xulong on 05/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Celica Hatchback GT-S 2dr Hatchback

Two weeks ago, I was driving a '97 corolla. It is slow and ugly and lacks the decent luxury features (intermitent wiper, didn't even come with a tape player - only radio, etc). Last weekend, my dad gave me a Celica. The car is a joy to drive. The only bad things about the car is the torque numbers and the lack of a rear seat. What's good? Everything else.

Great overall vehicle
By czolt on 05/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Celica Hatchback GT-S 2dr Hatchback

Purchased this car exactly one year ago used with only 3,000 miles. It is the GTS model with the 6 speed manual. I love the looks both inside and out. The hatchback is a very useful feature not found on many cars. Handling is superb and steering precise. But the O.E.M. tires are not all season and wear very fast. Performance is great along with fuel economy. Shifter is smooth most of time. Stereo is remarkably good with great bass! Had no problems yet.

Great purchase
By Daiquiri on 04/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Celica Hatchback GT 2dr Hatchback

My Celica is almost two years old and was a great buy. I got a fabulous deal on it and have not been disappointed. I now really want a convertible or a car with a removable roof-panel, otherwise I'd keep it for years.

Sleek, Fast, and Fun
By nojoraccoc on 04/06/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Toyota Celica Hatchback GT-S 2dr Hatchback

Going from a 1999 Audi A4 2.8 Quattro, to a 2000 Jeep Wrangler SE, then to the 2000 Celica GTS brings lessons learned in car types, engineering, and style. In a nutshell, the Celica GTS blends 80% Luxury, 90% Performance, 75% Utility, and 95% Economy into one good looking package! Only complaint: Toyota engineered the Celica GTS to travel at either 65 or 75, but not 70 MPH on highway roads. At about 3100 RPM, the exhaust howls, making a 6 hour trip rather tiring. City driving with a mix of highway travel brings roughly 27 miles per gallon at the pump. Much better than my 21 in the A4 and 16.5 in the Wrangler.

My Review
By DanDanToyotaMan on 04/06/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Toyota Celica Hatchback GT-S 2dr Hatchback

I have an automatic... wish I bought a stick because the acceleration on the automatic is horrible. But overall the car is excellent, fast, handling is awsome, and breaking is incredible!

A slice of life
By Wanless on 03/31/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Toyota Celica Hatchback GT 2dr Hatchback

The 7th gen Celica is certainly a welcome change from the previous model. Following the recent trend, new high-revving, powerful, yet efficient (excellent fuel economy!)engines have made this car a blast. My GT is pretty quick, but the Celica's selling point has never been it's speed alone - it's the handling! This car handles like a go cart! What's great is that you get all of this with Toyota's typical reliability and quality attributes.