Used 2000 Toyota Celica Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Toyota Celica Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Celica model:

Sporty Economy Car
By mtest

2000 Toyota Celica Hatchback GT-S 2dr Hatchback

2000 GTS-Auto - this car should NEVER have an automatic, extra weight and 4 gears combined with a very low torque equal a poor accelertor. 0-60 in 10.2 seconds, not as quick as a loaner Echo I had (9.8 sec). Very reliable, 25 mpg (60% highway) - unfortunately premium fuel. This car needs something to improve low end torque and should drop the automatic. The auto provides no benefit, except to wives that won't drive manual - E-shift is a stupid gimmick. The 6K rpm valve lift change over too close to the 7800 red line. It's the only thing providing a brief hint of acceleration. Road Noise is high (improved slightly by changing tire bran

LOW END TORQUE, Improved noise insulation, and DON'T offer an automatic.

2000 Toyota Celica GTS
By Sean G.

2000 Toyota Celica Hatchback GT-S 2dr Hatchback

Great vehicle. Never have any problems and is a really sporty fun car to drive.

looks, reliability.

more power.

cool
By mexican marine

2000 Toyota Celica Hatchback GT-S 2dr Hatchback

This car is the best car I have ever owned. Except for the fact that I bought it used, so now I'm having a little trouble with it because of the person that had it before me. But all in all it has been the most fun vehicle that I have owned and I used to have a trans am, so as you can tell all I like to drive are two door sports cars. I'm so glad that I went to a import vehicle, I will never go domestic again.

Da Bomb
By EvanLew

2000 Toyota Celica Hatchback GT-S 2dr Hatchback

Its one of the best cars ever

Design, features

speed

Great Car!
By Doppelganger

2000 Toyota Celica Hatchback GT 2dr Hatchback

I owned a used '87 Celica, then bought a new 2000 Celica four years ago. I still love my car, and get lots of compliments on it. Reliability is superb, handling is awesome, it's fun to drive, yet comfortable, and it looks really nice. In addition to some comsmetic upgrades, I have upgraded the intake, exhaust, shifter, wheels/tires, and added a front strut-tower brace to make it even more fun to drive. People who complain about blind-spots need to adjust their side-view mirrors properly; true, it doesn't have the wide-open expanses of glass that some cars have, so it takes some getting used to, but I have no blind-spots.

Handling, responsive performance, looks. Hatchback provides good storage capacity. Reliability.

Could use a bit more power, particularly low-end torque. The body makes a few rattles that I could do without.