2000 Toyota Celica Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Celica model:
great car
By marc on 10/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Celica Hatchback GT-S 2dr Hatchback

rides like a champ, handles like a pro, an awesome machine. the best car I've ever seen

great car
By Marc on 10/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

Cool car
By `Rebecca on 10/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Celica Hatchback GT 2dr Hatchback

I chose this car over a toyota spyder. I have not been disappointed yet.

Awesome car! Needs minor improvements
By GT-S happy on 10/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Celica Hatchback GT-S 2dr Hatchback

What an awesome car! If I get to decide again, will buy the exact same car! Own since 03/2000. Regularly receive lots of compliments. No major problems. Handling, performance, reliability and looks cant be beaten.

This car jumps
By DeeCee on 10/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Celica Hatchback GT-S 2dr Hatchback

Quick and dependable, Ive driven this car alot of miles (53,500) and in most if not all driving situations. The performance is what sold me the car in the first place. Its cornering is superb, with a little bit of a loose feel when you get towards 'the edge'. It can punch a hole through freeway packs with great accelaration from 60-90, nimble and precise steering, and small footprint. Had a couple 18-hour stints in the seat, and stayed comfortable. As far as dependability, though, Ive done little more than change the oil every 3 or 4k miles, and it still hums and drives like new.

I hope you like service department!!!!!
By celicaman2 on 10/04/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Celica Hatchback GT-S 2dr Hatchback

Since I've had my GTS model it has been nothing but headache. Bought the car on past reliability of the Celica's history. So far I have had the moonroof,driver and passenger seats, motor, clutch, headlamp, assembly,alternator(2 times),airbox assembly, the full fuel system and the belt tensoner pully. becuase of this I will never buy a Toyota again.good luck to all that have them.

Overall bargain
By Kimmons on 09/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Celica Hatchback GT 2dr Hatchback

I have had the 2000 Celica GT since 03/2000. No mechanical problems or complaints. Good pick-up, great fuel economy. Sporty car with luxury features without the initial or maintenance costs.

What a great car!
By Drew from Philly on 09/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Celica Hatchback GT-S 2dr Hatchback

I traded in a new 99 Cougar for this car. And, oh, what a difference. The Celica is the first manual I've owned (not driven though). I've had the car now for almost 2 years and loved every minute of it. Real fun to drive, handles like a go-kart. The car also looks great! I've added the TRD groud effects package (now called the Action Package). The interior is laid out like a cockpit. 30,000 miles now and no problems what-so-ever. I'm even on the original brake pads. Great car, I would highly recomend it.

celica gts
By Jenn's gts on 09/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Celica Hatchback GT-S 2dr Hatchback

Extremely fun car to drive. I get a lot of compliments on my gts. Never had any problems whats-so-ever out of it except the antenna is a little loose and makes some noise

Great looks but lacks acceleration
By Ruukie34 on 09/05/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Celica Hatchback GT-S 2dr Hatchback

I am about a week away from turning in my 2000 Celica. My overall experience is that I loved the looks and the handling but the acceleration has been left on the roadside. The longer and the more I have driven it the slower it seems to be. At this point forget pulling out into to traffic- you'll get run over by the time your up to speed (even using tiptronic mode). It has to "warm up" for about 15 mins before it performs the way you want it. Especially in the winter or when it is hot and humid out. Great car but NEEDS more power to keep up with the looks. I would definitely get a manual if I got another one.