Used 2000 Toyota Celica Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Toyota Celica Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Celica model:

I love my Celica!!
By SummerGirl

2000 Toyota Celica Hatchback GT-S 2dr Hatchback

I just bought this car and I love it. Its def a head turner and for me it moves..i previously drove a Madza 626 and a Nissan Maxima. This is my first sporty car. I can't get enough of it. The interior hugs you and is very comfy and the moon roof is my favorite part! I'm happy the back seat is small..I never have to drive when we go out!

Moon roof, interior seating, small back seat (lol), auto lamps, center console window/lock controls

rear blind spots, auto antenna, better radio, heated seats.

Can't beat it for the money
By Ropiuwerpjf

2000 Toyota Celica Hatchback GT 2dr Hatchback

My 2000 Celica now has 93,700 miles and it still drives/rides like it's brand new. It has had absolutely no problems whatsoever. For the money, it cannot be beat. The Celica combines good looks, good performance, great gas mileage and spectacular reliability. Few cars can offer what the Celica offers for the price. I have no plans to get rid of this car until it falls down in the road, which may take many more years. I couldn't be more happy with a car than I am with this one. Highly recommended!

Looks, gas mileage and superb reliability.

It needs more power. It's a shame that the car has such sleek looks, yet lacks in power. I suppose Toyota wanted to keep the car economical so they had to sacrifice a bit of power.

MEAN MACHINE GTS
By hector garcia/fl

2000 Toyota Celica Hatchback GT-S 2dr Hatchback

I HAVE OWNED MY 2000 CELICA GTS SINCE NEW IT HAS 67000 MILES ON IT NOW AND I WOULDNT BUY ANOTHER CAR. I DRIVE IT HARD EVERYDAY BUT ALSO RUN FULL SYNTHETIC IN IT I HAD A BIT OF PROBLEMS AT THE BEGINNING BUT AFTER THE WARRANTY EXPIRED I STILL DRIVE IT HARD DO ALL THE MAINTAINANCE AND IT STILL SOUNDS PRIME ITS AS TOUGH AS IT LOOKS. TOYOTAS ROCK.

INTERIOR/EXTERIOR AND FUN TO DRIVE/RACE

BETTER YOKOHAMAS TIRES AND HORSEPOWER

I absolutely LOVE my 2000 Toyota Celica
By utgirl

2000 Toyota Celica Hatchback GT 2dr Hatchback

This has to be the best little sports car ever. Its comfortable, sporty, fun to drive, handles like a dream, sleek, chic, and perfect for a girl with attitude. Blackie, as I like to call him, has given me everything I would need in a first car. Its the best car ever for the price and model.

Design, Dash, Drivers and Passenger Seats, Comfort Level

probably the back seats. they aren't very comfortable and it does have a few blind spots.

4 Years with my Celica
By jibs

2000 Toyota Celica Hatchback GT 2dr Hatchback

I bought this car new back in early 2000 and it was a real head turner 4 years ago. I still get compliments on how 'nice' my car is. The car has servered me well. I have had 0 problems with it (which is shocking for a first year model run). It gets great gas mileage, is fun to drive, it even handles well in the snow ... you just can't beat it for the price. I am finally getting ready to buy my 2nd car in a more expensive price range, the only thing that is holding me back is having to sell my Celica!

It's just plain fun to drive!!! Well built, very reliable!

Seats could be bit more comfortable for a guy my size (6'4")