Used 1999 Toyota Celica Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Toyota Celica - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Celica model:
Excellent Car
By kittywitty on 10/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback

This is a very relaible car...and very fun to drive. Great gas mileage. I get a lot of compliments about my car...and I really love my car. When I get my next car (in the distant future) this is what I plan on getting...yet again.

Handles great and looks good too!
By Tayllor on 09/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback

This is a first-rate car. I can be confident that it will have the necessary power when I need it. It is very reliable - I've had it over 4 years with no problems at all. The sporty design is very classy - interior and exterior. It looks like a much more expensive car than it is. Also, excellent resale value.

Fun, reliable, sporty
By Toyota Guy on 06/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback

After four years, this car has never had a mechanical problem of any kind. Totally reliable! Fuel economy is good - about 30 highway, 25 city. Handling is superb, braking excellent, could use about 20 more horsepower, but is still quick with the 5 speed manual transmission Reasonably comfortable, even with sport suspension. A bit more tire noise than I would prefer, but that's the only hangup.

Toyota Celica Rocks
By Jason Patron on 02/20/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Convertible

I've had my Convertible Celica for almost 4 years and it's been an excellent buy. Never had a problem with it. Great on the highway and in congestion. If it wasn't for the fact that I'm leaving the US, I would have never even thought of selling it. I will miss it.

good overall with one exception
By blackCelica on 02/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback

Overall I am happy with the '99 Celica GT. The exterior has sporty curves and an aggressive stance. The interior is comfortable. The easy to read dials and ergonomic front seats make driving enjoyable. The exterior and interior designs definitely are a good combination of sport and luxury.

fun to drive celica
By cmastr on 01/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback

I love my car. It is fun to drive, has great pick up, handles well. I have no problems on busy freeways. It is very comfortable to take on long trips, as long as there are not more than 2 people.