1997 Toyota Celica Consumer Review: Toyota quality

1997 Toyota Celica Convertible - Consumer Review

Toyota quality
By convertman on

1997 Toyota Celica GT Limited Edition 2dr Convertible

Very nice car (bought as previously owned, w/only 69K miles). It drives almost like new. Did change the timing belt (also the thermo/eng. belts/etc.) and I've put about 3K miles on. So far, very reliable. Not a head-turner like the Z3/Miata, however, way more functional (bigger trunk, space to sit in the back seat) and much better reliability. It is still very fun to drive. I can see why the resale on these is so very good. They almost never break down. Even with the miles my car has on it, I can see, drive and feel how reliable a car it's been. The leather interior looks/smells new, the gadgets all work. Great combo of looks, utility, performance and economy.

Favorite Features

The CD/Cassette stereo (Fujitsu Ten) works well and sounds great. The tan top and racing green exterior looks very nice (paint still shinny). Seats are very comfortable too. Love the almost full-sized trunk. It gets about 30 mpg on regular fuel, too.

Suggested Improvements

I don't like where the cup-holders are, either. A better place for those would have been much easier to use. Too bad they don't make this anymore.