First car!
By swissferdi on
1997 Toyota Celica ST 2dr Hatchback
Bought this car as a reliable and safe daily driver; before seeing it, I had known nothing about 6GCs, and now I'm pretty much obsessed. Handling is crisp, and the car's lightness is really apparent in braking, lane-change, and general handling capabilities. As long as you don't test the 7A-FE too much, it's a really fun car to drive that'll return some pretty good MPG (unfortunately, I have the worst combo for power & MPG, an automatic coupled to the least powerful engine). Other than installing a new head unit and speakers, this car is stock, but completely livable. Interior is also great, I love how the center console is angled towards the driver, and the layout is very well thought-out.
Favorite Features
Beautiful and well thought-out interior; low weight; sports-car feel (without the balls, sadly); pretty decent MPG; is very comfortable in city or highway; factory fogs; very unique, I could count the number of 6GCs I've seen on two hands.
Suggested Improvements
Toyota screwed up in the power department, the ST just has no guts. But for those with cash lying around, a 3S-GTE is the answer.