1997 Toyota Celica - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Celica model:
No problem at all
By RT826 on 12/11/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Toyota Celica GT Limited Edition 2dr Convertible

Over all such a great car. I love it. It's worth every penny. I've had it since 1997 and had no problem whatsoever. Generous trunk space for a convertible. I got a great deal!!!

Great Car...Never a problem
By Burnie on 10/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Toyota Celica ST 2dr Hatchback

This car handles like a dream. In nearly 6 years of ownership, I've had but one problem, an electrical quirk with the passenger side window control being erratic when the passenger tries to control it. Problem is relieved with touch from driver's side, then passenger side control is resumed. Service Dept. could not nail down problem, so I've lived with it. Otherwise, there's not a thing wrong with the car.

Awsome car
By VORCON on 04/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

it IS QUICK, RELIABLE, LOOKS GOOD

My Celica
By Jentibe on 03/18/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Convertible

My only problems have been cosmetic internally. Other than that, this is the most reliable, fun-to-drive car that I've owned!

Fun car-simple too
By slyfox on 02/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback

I've had this car for 4 months now and it truely is a blast. Great handling (FWD), good acceleration (could use a little more at times). Toyota Quality. And the best of all, you are more likely to see 100 preludes, cavaliers, or sunfires before you see just one of these beauties on the road. Toyota should have kept this style, it's much better than the new celica body design. Overall, try it and you will love it.

good car
By tilent on 11/29/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Toyota Celica ST 2dr Coupe

what can i say, this car is great, the look, the style, the gas mileage is great

Celica STX
By dragonman on 07/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Toyota Celica ST 2dr Coupe

I bought a rare Celica ST (base 1.8L engine) with all power options and a sports package that includes 15" BBS alloy rims, a power moonroof and a spoiler, with the STX badging. It's been a great car so far, and I don't ever want to trade it in. It's taken me from Louisville to Memphis and from Louisville to Toronto, and runs like a champ. I drive with the pedal to the floor and the automatic transmission is the smoothest I've ever felt.

need for speed
By Johnny D on 07/03/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Toyota Celica ST 2dr Hatchback

i bought this car with plans to turn it in to a pocket rocket, i suppose that is my only dissapointment. toyota marketted the celica as an economy car in america, using heads with smaller valves gives them the awesome gas millage they get. but for speed enthusiasts like myself, we have to spend twice as much as honda and acura owners to get the HP we desire. but i love the look and the suspention is great, especially with a set of TRD springs, and i have done a few performance mods that have probably put me up to the GT model's status, but untill i change the heads i'll never have the power i originally intended it to have.

Sporty and Reliable
By autophile on 05/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Convertible

I purchased my 1997 Toyota Celica Conv. in June 2001 and find it very sporty, comfortable, and reliable. It's larger than a Miata and MR2 yet handles well, and provides more room. It's fun to drive and I feel as though I have a classic car already. The Toyota Solara is too pricey and not as sporty. My 5 speed shifts well and allows for swift acceleration. If you can find one in good shape, buy it and get fun, reasonable practicality, and good resale value. It's a real buy.

Celica
By maite daguerre on 03/03/02 15:00 PM (PST)

1997 Toyota Celica ST Limited Edition 2dr Hatchback