Used 1997 Toyota Celica Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1997 Toyota Celica - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Celica model:

Wow!
By Oh, joy!

1997 Toyota Celica GT Limited Edition 2dr Convertible

I bought this car just shy of two weeks ago and I cannot believe how pleased I am already. The GT is a performance machine that lives up to every expectation. It gets going in a hurry, feels like it will never let go of the road, and makes the driver truly a part of the drive. Sitting in this car felt like home to me right from the start of the test drive. It is also a Toyota, which gives me every confidence in its reliability. Finally, the fun-to-drive factor is way beyond a mere "10." The only negative I can find about it is the placement of the cupholders. But this is a non-issue placed alongside the overwhelming positives. It's a winner.

Too many favorites to list. I guess just the feel of driving it; the confidence I get from how it handles the road. It's the most capable car I've ever owned.

Only one. Real cupholders that hold a reasonably-sized beverage and do not place them between the arm rest and the stick shift.

Cute car, fun to drive
By Keri

1997 Toyota Celica ST Limited Edition 2dr Hatchback

This is my first car that I've had to myself. It is perfect for me. Very reliable, great gas mileage, and fun to drive. It has a tiny engine, but you can't tell by the way it drives. It has plenty of power for such a small car. It has sufficient room for me and for my stuff in the trunk (I am a musician). But it is pretty tight for carrying passengers. There are four seats and I don't recommend this car if you are tall. Other than that, it is a great little car. It is very sporty looking, and heads always turn as a drive past. I am extremely satified with my Celica.

Styling, color (super red), seats and mats embroidered with "celica", spoiler, stock cd player and sound system is amazing!, reliability, gas mileage, power, handling (handles great on ice too), nice, five spoke wheels, good condition.

Limited edition comes with wood trim around the dash etc. It originally was nice, but when it's aged, the layers separate and it looks ugly. Fortunately, the trim is easy to remove and you can either leave it or buy new trim online. It is a cute, tiny car. Don't expect leg room in the back seat.

All I could ask for
By Alan

1997 Toyota Celica ST Limited Edition 2dr Hatchback

My daughter has been driving this vehicle for over 5 years and it has been the best vehicle I've ever owned. The performance has been excellent, the maintenance very low and the overall cost of driving exceptional. The styling of the 97 Celica is classic and even after 9 years the body and paint are in excellent condition. It runs like a jewel and I believe it will continue to give us great service well beyond 150,000 miles. A great car!

Beautiful body style. Great paint (Red). Absolutely the best AC system ever made. Fun to drive

My 97 blk,blk,blk Celica GT Convertible
By alan swiatek

1997 Toyota Celica GT Limited Edition 2dr Convertible

I purchased it last fall and have had a lot of fun with it. It handles great, you can speed up into turns and has great pep. My wife and I go for a ride, we crank up the stereo and feel like were 18 again. I have always liked the styling on this model. It is very sporty yet we can put more than a tooth brush in the trunk. The car is very clean and only has 73 k miles

Good comfort inside,very snug and tight feeling.Handles well and has good pick up..

Cup holder bad location

My first car and I absolutely love it!
By stef

1997 Toyota Celica ST 2dr Hatchback

This car was designed and built for rally. If you know rally, you know the cars have to be quick, reliable and handle amazingly to win, and the celica is just that. Performance is rated down simply because a better engine exists. And I only rated it down for fuel economy and fun to drive because mine is an automatic. It only gets about 250 mi to the tank where a manual can get over 400. and manuals are just naturally more fun to drive.

Ride, beautiful car inside and out, hatchback has very good trunk space, dials and functions are easy to figure out

More power/ bring the turbocharged 275+hp version to the US, 4 wheel disc brakes on all models (st has drums in the back), small back seats are a common complaint among passengers