1997 Toyota Celica Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Celica model:
I LOVE this car
By stef on 02/02/05 09:28 AM (PST)

1997 Toyota Celica Hatchback ST Limited Edition 2dr Hatchback

I LOVE THIS CAR! It accommodates both my boyfriend [who is 6'-1"] and myself [5'-6"] comfortably. I drive it everyday and I drive anything but slow and the car keeps up. It hasn't let me down yet. If you're thinking of getting this car, do it.

buy this car
By blah2 on 04/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Toyota Celica Hatchback ST Limited Edition 2dr Hatchback

this is a great first car , its small and doesnt fit many people so its harder for a teenager to break the law. its reliable and easy to maintain. with only 105 hp stock it can be modified, however, it may be expensive because 1) its a toyota, and 2)its a front wheel drive so the transmission is in the front(the reason there is so much trunk space). even with over 120,000mi, it is reliable.

Great Car...Never a problem
By Burnie on 10/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Toyota Celica Hatchback ST 2dr Hatchback

This car handles like a dream. In nearly 6 years of ownership, I've had but one problem, an electrical quirk with the passenger side window control being erratic when the passenger tries to control it. Problem is relieved with touch from driver's side, then passenger side control is resumed. Service Dept. could not nail down problem, so I've lived with it. Otherwise, there's not a thing wrong with the car.

Awsome car
By VORCON on 04/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

it IS QUICK, RELIABLE, LOOKS GOOD

Fun car-simple too
By slyfox on 02/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Toyota Celica Hatchback GT 2dr Hatchback

I've had this car for 4 months now and it truely is a blast. Great handling (FWD), good acceleration (could use a little more at times). Toyota Quality. And the best of all, you are more likely to see 100 preludes, cavaliers, or sunfires before you see just one of these beauties on the road. Toyota should have kept this style, it's much better than the new celica body design. Overall, try it and you will love it.

need for speed
By Johnny D on 07/03/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Toyota Celica Hatchback ST 2dr Hatchback

i bought this car with plans to turn it in to a pocket rocket, i suppose that is my only dissapointment. toyota marketted the celica as an economy car in america, using heads with smaller valves gives them the awesome gas millage they get. but for speed enthusiasts like myself, we have to spend twice as much as honda and acura owners to get the HP we desire. but i love the look and the suspention is great, especially with a set of TRD springs, and i have done a few performance mods that have probably put me up to the GT model's status, but untill i change the heads i'll never have the power i originally intended it to have.

Celica
By maite daguerre on 03/03/02 15:00 PM (PST)

Great car