1997 Toyota Celica Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Celica model:
1997 Celica GT Convertible Limited Edition
By dianne714 on 09/02/14 15:45 PM (PDT)

1997 Toyota Celica Convertible GT 2dr Convertible

I love this car so much I just want to drive it all the times. I bought a blue one with 108K miles a few months a go and drove it for 3 months and found another 1997 Limited Edition, black with tan top last week with 135K miles. This one drives like a new car. Everything works nicely and not a tear in the interior. It's beautiful and I am going to enjoy driving this for a long time. I will get the interior cover so that I don't have to raise or lower the top all the time. This is one way to preserve the motors. They are expensive and getting hard to find.

Almost perfect
By Celica fan in DC on 09/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Toyota Celica Convertible GT 2dr Convertible

I finally settled on this car after a year of shopping and have been happy with it ever since. The cockpit fits like a glove, with plenty of leg room (I'm 6'2"), the car corners on rails, and has enough power to get out of trouble. Surprisingly quiet with the top up and shear pleasure with it down. The reviewers seem to think something is wrong with the styling, but I still have people walk up to me at lights and tell me how beautiful the car is. After seven years of driving this car, I only have two real complaints - 1. The cup holders are in an awkward spot. 2. Toyota stopped making it.

My Celica
By Jentibe on 03/18/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Toyota Celica Convertible GT 2dr Convertible

My only problems have been cosmetic internally. Other than that, this is the most reliable, fun-to-drive car that I've owned!

Sporty and Reliable
By autophile on 05/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Toyota Celica Convertible GT 2dr Convertible

I purchased my 1997 Toyota Celica Conv. in June 2001 and find it very sporty, comfortable, and reliable. It's larger than a Miata and MR2 yet handles well, and provides more room. It's fun to drive and I feel as though I have a classic car already. The Toyota Solara is too pricey and not as sporty. My 5 speed shifts well and allows for swift acceleration. If you can find one in good shape, buy it and get fun, reasonable practicality, and good resale value. It's a real buy.