Used 1997 Toyota Celica Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1997 Toyota Celica - Consumer Reviews

1997 Toyota Celica Convertible

View reviews for a specific Celica model:

1997 Celica GT Convertible Limited Edition
By dianne714

1997 Toyota Celica Convertible GT 2dr Convertible

I love this car so much I just want to drive it all the times. I bought a blue one with 108K miles a few months a go and drove it for 3 months and found another 1997 Limited Edition, black with tan top last week with 135K miles. This one drives like a new car. Everything works nicely and not a tear in the interior. It's beautiful and I am going to enjoy driving this for a long time. I will get the interior cover so that I don't have to raise or lower the top all the time. This is one way to preserve the motors. They are expensive and getting hard to find.

Favorite Features

convertible, 5 spd, great MPG, good pick up, handling.

Suggested Improvements

Cup holders, but who cares!!

Excellent convertible
By thompson

1997 Toyota Celica Convertible GT Limited Edition 2dr Convertible

It's a well-designed car, and after 10 years it still attracts positive comments from other motorists. The car continues to perform well. We've driven it in Connecticut winters, and it handles well in snowy weather and with its well-lined top and good heater stays comfortable. Of course, it's always great in warm weather -- it now resides in California.

Favorite Features

Styling. It's a convertible. It runs well.

1997 Toyota Celica Convertible
By albo

1997 Toyota Celica Convertible GT Limited Edition 2dr Convertible

I purchased this car for fun and am very much enjoying it. It has only 71k mi. and is very clean. It handles great. I feel 18 again with the top down. I have always liked this model and have not been sorry.

Favorite Features

Design, sporty handling, rides nice and is economical.

Suggested Improvements

Bigger engine, cupholder.

Wow!
By Oh, joy!

1997 Toyota Celica Convertible GT Limited Edition 2dr Convertible

I bought this car just shy of two weeks ago and I cannot believe how pleased I am already. The GT is a performance machine that lives up to every expectation. It gets going in a hurry, feels like it will never let go of the road, and makes the driver truly a part of the drive. Sitting in this car felt like home to me right from the start of the test drive. It is also a Toyota, which gives me every confidence in its reliability. Finally, the fun-to-drive factor is way beyond a mere "10." The only negative I can find about it is the placement of the cupholders. But this is a non-issue placed alongside the overwhelming positives. It's a winner.

Favorite Features

Too many favorites to list. I guess just the feel of driving it; the confidence I get from how it handles the road. It's the most capable car I've ever owned.

Suggested Improvements

Only one. Real cupholders that hold a reasonably-sized beverage and do not place them between the arm rest and the stick shift.

My 97 blk,blk,blk Celica GT Convertible
By alan swiatek

1997 Toyota Celica Convertible GT Limited Edition 2dr Convertible

I purchased it last fall and have had a lot of fun with it. It handles great, you can speed up into turns and has great pep. My wife and I go for a ride, we crank up the stereo and feel like were 18 again. I have always liked the styling on this model. It is very sporty yet we can put more than a tooth brush in the trunk. The car is very clean and only has 73 k miles

Favorite Features

Good comfort inside,very snug and tight feeling.Handles well and has good pick up..

Suggested Improvements

Cup holder bad location