1997 Toyota Celica - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Celica model:
Almost perfect
By Celica fan in DC on 09/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Convertible

I finally settled on this car after a year of shopping and have been happy with it ever since. The cockpit fits like a glove, with plenty of leg room (I'm 6'2"), the car corners on rails, and has enough power to get out of trouble. Surprisingly quiet with the top up and shear pleasure with it down. The reviewers seem to think something is wrong with the styling, but I still have people walk up to me at lights and tell me how beautiful the car is. After seven years of driving this car, I only have two real complaints - 1. The cup holders are in an awkward spot. 2. Toyota stopped making it.

My Celica
By Jentibe on 03/18/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Convertible

My only problems have been cosmetic internally. Other than that, this is the most reliable, fun-to-drive car that I've owned!

Sporty and Reliable
By autophile on 05/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Convertible

I purchased my 1997 Toyota Celica Conv. in June 2001 and find it very sporty, comfortable, and reliable. It's larger than a Miata and MR2 yet handles well, and provides more room. It's fun to drive and I feel as though I have a classic car already. The Toyota Solara is too pricey and not as sporty. My 5 speed shifts well and allows for swift acceleration. If you can find one in good shape, buy it and get fun, reasonable practicality, and good resale value. It's a real buy.