1997 Toyota Celica - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Celica model:
Best car by far!!!!
By neecey on 04/13/11 15:54 PM (PDT)

1997 Toyota Celica ST Limited Edition 2dr Hatchback

I bought this car 10 years ago, and she runs like the day I got her...Just hit 150,000 miles and have never had any mechanical problems at all. That amazes me! Shocks are starting to show signs of needing replacing, power antennae motor went and that's all I've have to deal with in the last 10 years..I get an avg of 35 MPG. I can't say anything bad about the reliability or drivability of this car.. I LOVE IT!!!!!!

own for 8 years
By richie on 06/15/08 19:27 PM (PDT)

1997 Toyota Celica ST Limited Edition 2dr Hatchback

I bought this car with 65,000 miles. Now I've had it for about 8 years and it has 193,000 miles and it never has given me any bad problems other then the starter and cv boots. Overall I enjoy this car.

Incredible
By Rugby in Texas on 06/18/07 11:22 AM (PDT)

1997 Toyota Celica ST Limited Edition 2dr Hatchback

I have had this car for close to 10 years, and there is nothing better. Could use more horsepower, but it works. I just got in my first accident. I totalled the other car. I connected the battery cable and I was off with some physical damage on the car but still in great driving condition, This car is a security blanket, superbly reliable. I will never get rid of it.

Cute car, fun to drive
By Keri on 01/28/07 22:10 PM (PST)

1997 Toyota Celica ST Limited Edition 2dr Hatchback

This is my first car that I've had to myself. It is perfect for me. Very reliable, great gas mileage, and fun to drive. It has a tiny engine, but you can't tell by the way it drives. It has plenty of power for such a small car. It has sufficient room for me and for my stuff in the trunk (I am a musician). But it is pretty tight for carrying passengers. There are four seats and I don't recommend this car if you are tall. Other than that, it is a great little car. It is very sporty looking, and heads always turn as a drive past. I am extremely satified with my Celica.

All I could ask for
By Alan on 05/25/06 07:48 AM (PDT)

1997 Toyota Celica ST Limited Edition 2dr Hatchback

My daughter has been driving this vehicle for over 5 years and it has been the best vehicle I've ever owned. The performance has been excellent, the maintenance very low and the overall cost of driving exceptional. The styling of the 97 Celica is classic and even after 9 years the body and paint are in excellent condition. It runs like a jewel and I believe it will continue to give us great service well beyond 150,000 miles. A great car!

I LOVE this car
By stef on 02/02/05 09:28 AM (PST)

1997 Toyota Celica ST Limited Edition 2dr Hatchback

I LOVE THIS CAR! It accommodates both my boyfriend [who is 6'-1"] and myself [5'-6"] comfortably. I drive it everyday and I drive anything but slow and the car keeps up. It hasn't let me down yet. If you're thinking of getting this car, do it.

buy this car
By blah2 on 04/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Toyota Celica ST Limited Edition 2dr Hatchback

this is a great first car , its small and doesnt fit many people so its harder for a teenager to break the law. its reliable and easy to maintain. with only 105 hp stock it can be modified, however, it may be expensive because 1) its a toyota, and 2)its a front wheel drive so the transmission is in the front(the reason there is so much trunk space). even with over 120,000mi, it is reliable.

Celica
By maite daguerre on 03/03/02 15:00 PM (PST)

Great car