1997 Toyota Celica - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Celica model:
Excellent convertible
By thompson on 01/04/08 15:41 PM (PST)

1997 Toyota Celica GT Limited Edition 2dr Convertible

It's a well-designed car, and after 10 years it still attracts positive comments from other motorists. The car continues to perform well. We've driven it in Connecticut winters, and it handles well in snowy weather and with its well-lined top and good heater stays comfortable. Of course, it's always great in warm weather -- it now resides in California.

1997 Toyota Celica Convertible
By albo on 03/20/07 15:51 PM (PDT)

1997 Toyota Celica GT Limited Edition 2dr Convertible

I purchased this car for fun and am very much enjoying it. It has only 71k mi. and is very clean. It handles great. I feel 18 again with the top down. I have always liked this model and have not been sorry.

Wow!
By Oh, joy! on 02/18/07 18:26 PM (PST)

1997 Toyota Celica GT Limited Edition 2dr Convertible

I bought this car just shy of two weeks ago and I cannot believe how pleased I am already. The GT is a performance machine that lives up to every expectation. It gets going in a hurry, feels like it will never let go of the road, and makes the driver truly a part of the drive. Sitting in this car felt like home to me right from the start of the test drive. It is also a Toyota, which gives me every confidence in its reliability. Finally, the fun-to-drive factor is way beyond a mere "10." The only negative I can find about it is the placement of the cupholders. But this is a non-issue placed alongside the overwhelming positives. It's a winner.

My 97 blk,blk,blk Celica GT Convertible
By alan swiatek on 04/28/06 19:47 PM (PDT)

1997 Toyota Celica GT Limited Edition 2dr Convertible

I purchased it last fall and have had a lot of fun with it. It handles great, you can speed up into turns and has great pep. My wife and I go for a ride, we crank up the stereo and feel like were 18 again. I have always liked the styling on this model. It is very sporty yet we can put more than a tooth brush in the trunk. The car is very clean and only has 73 k miles

Love my Celica
By Happy Camper on 07/14/05 17:38 PM (PDT)

1997 Toyota Celica GT Limited Edition 2dr Convertible

Bought the car new. Has 130000 miles and still acts new. Burns about 1/3 qt of oil /4000 miles between oil changes. Engine clean & dry. Great car for long auto vacation for two. Would like more than the 130 horsepower but is adequate. Expect to drive this car for many more years.

Toyota quality
By convertman on 05/18/05 18:48 PM (PDT)

1997 Toyota Celica GT Limited Edition 2dr Convertible

Very nice car (bought as previously owned, w/only 69K miles). It drives almost like new. Did change the timing belt (also the thermo/eng. belts/etc.) and I've put about 3K miles on. So far, very reliable. Not a head-turner like the Z3/Miata, however, way more functional (bigger trunk, space to sit in the back seat) and much better reliability. It is still very fun to drive. I can see why the resale on these is so very good. They almost never break down. Even with the miles my car has on it, I can see, drive and feel how reliable a car it's been. The leather interior looks/smells new, the gadgets all work. Great combo of looks, utility, performance and economy.

No problem at all
By RT826 on 12/11/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Toyota Celica GT Limited Edition 2dr Convertible

Over all such a great car. I love it. It's worth every penny. I've had it since 1997 and had no problem whatsoever. Generous trunk space for a convertible. I got a great deal!!!