Used 1996 Toyota Celica Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1996 Toyota Celica - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Celica model:

Owner Of Car Six Years!
By JTODUH

1996 Toyota Celica Hatchback ST 25th Anniversary 2dr Hatchback

I bought this car used from a dealership at 40k mileage. I have never really had any problems with this car. Only problem I have is it is super slow. Other than that the car is wonderful to have. Great for a young teen who doesn't have a lot of money to spend on a new car.

Favorite Features

The exterior design is beautiful if you add an add-on kit it looks great. Very stylish, looks like a Mercedes Benz. Great premium sound.

Suggested Improvements

Cupholders are placed in a bad spot plus it is very slow. The inside needs more room and more horses in this car would of made this car perfect!

A+ All the way!!!
By Lipweb

1996 Toyota Celica Hatchback GT 2dr Hatchback

Since day one this vehicle has been a blast to drive. It rides tight and performs great, although a few minor adds like exhaust and an air intake will go along way - power wise. I've had nothing but comments on my car and everyone I take for a ride in it almost instantly wants one. I owned a Z-28 t-top Camaro before my Celica and now own a newer convertible Camaro pushing over 300HP as well as an Eclipse GT pushing over 240HP and my favorite of the 3 is still the 4 cylinder Celica GT.

Favorite Features

Styling, handling and comfort.

Suggested Improvements

More stock power.

My Celica
By marriedcelicas

1996 Toyota Celica Hatchback ST 2dr Hatchback

My Celica is the best vehicle I have ever owned. It holds to the road and is very fun to drive. I have had no problems with this car. I still get complements on it everytime I go out. They are great to "fix up" with aftermarket parts, and they will run forever!

Favorite Features

I love the Headlights, they make the car original, and the hatchback comes in handy better than a normal trunk!

Favorite Car!
By Vanessa H

1996 Toyota Celica Hatchback GT 2dr Hatchback

It took me a while to find the exact car I wanted...and it was completely worth the wait! This was the best car I EVER had! We've been together for 7- 8 years and it's still in EXCELLENT condition!

Favorite Features

Sleek style & comfort of driving.

Suggested Improvements

Back seats a bit small...but that's typical in a sports car.

WOW!
By NEcelica

1996 Toyota Celica Hatchback ST 2dr Hatchback

I'm a college student and bought the car 2 years ago. Good decision! I've had absolutely no problems with it even though I put 25k/year on it. All I did was teh recommended belts at 90K and had to do the front rotors at 120K. Looks great, drives great. I must say I wish it had more power. I live in Mass and it handles the winter weather just fine, no winter tires. There's so few of them out there everyone thinks it's new.

Favorite Features

handling, styling, controls

Suggested Improvements

more power