Used 1996 Toyota Celica ST Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1996 Toyota Celica - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Celica model:

My Celica
By marriedcelicas

1996 Toyota Celica ST 2dr Hatchback

My Celica is the best vehicle I have ever owned. It holds to the road and is very fun to drive. I have had no problems with this car. I still get complements on it everytime I go out. They are great to "fix up" with aftermarket parts, and they will run forever!

I love the Headlights, they make the car original, and the hatchback comes in handy better than a normal trunk!

WOW!
By NEcelica

1996 Toyota Celica ST 2dr Hatchback

I'm a college student and bought the car 2 years ago. Good decision! I've had absolutely no problems with it even though I put 25k/year on it. All I did was teh recommended belts at 90K and had to do the front rotors at 120K. Looks great, drives great. I must say I wish it had more power. I live in Mass and it handles the winter weather just fine, no winter tires. There's so few of them out there everyone thinks it's new.

handling, styling, controls

more power

Great Car
By johnst

1996 Toyota Celica ST 2dr Hatchback

This really is a great car. Never spent a penny on it other than oil changes. Really fun to drive by yourself, but the engine is underpowered if you have a car full of people.

The spoiler holds the car amazingly well on highways at any speed. The smoothest manual I've ever driven. This car loves to be over 4000rpm.

Tires are too narrow. The suspension allows for a lot rally fun than the tires so aftermarket wheels are a must. Also, the cup holders are placed so that you can't shift if you have a drink.