1996 Toyota Celica - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Celica model:
Fantastic quality automobile... Classic
By Keith on 01/24/09 19:46 PM (PST)

1996 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Convertible

This car was owned by my brother first for 4 years. It went through many drivers when he owned it and was always extremely reliable and economical to own. I bought it a few months ago after a minor accident. I fixed the imperfections and am now driving it everyday. It's getting about 23 mpg with the top down most of the time. It shifts very smooth and takes corners effortlessly. Acceleration is about 10 seconds to 60 mph (automatic) and has about 93k on it. The styling is classic and even though a '96, not out of style in the least. Mine is black on black and always gets great comments on it's looks.

Owner Of Car Six Years!
By JTODUH on 09/22/07 21:51 PM (PDT)

1996 Toyota Celica ST 25th Anniversary 2dr Hatchback

I bought this car used from a dealership at 40k mileage. I have never really had any problems with this car. Only problem I have is it is super slow. Other than that the car is wonderful to have. Great for a young teen who doesn't have a lot of money to spend on a new car.

A+ All the way!!!
By Lipweb on 10/29/06 09:36 AM (PST)

1996 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback

Since day one this vehicle has been a blast to drive. It rides tight and performs great, although a few minor adds like exhaust and an air intake will go along way - power wise. I've had nothing but comments on my car and everyone I take for a ride in it almost instantly wants one. I owned a Z-28 t-top Camaro before my Celica and now own a newer convertible Camaro pushing over 300HP as well as an Eclipse GT pushing over 240HP and my favorite of the 3 is still the 4 cylinder Celica GT.

My Celica
By marriedcelicas on 01/05/05 17:14 PM (PST)

1996 Toyota Celica ST 2dr Hatchback

My Celica is the best vehicle I have ever owned. It holds to the road and is very fun to drive. I have had no problems with this car. I still get complements on it everytime I go out. They are great to "fix up" with aftermarket parts, and they will run forever!

Favorite Car!
By Vanessa H on 10/19/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback

It took me a while to find the exact car I wanted...and it was completely worth the wait! This was the best car I EVER had! We've been together for 7- 8 years and it's still in EXCELLENT condition!

WOW!
By NEcelica on 02/12/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Toyota Celica ST 2dr Hatchback

I'm a college student and bought the car 2 years ago. Good decision! I've had absolutely no problems with it even though I put 25k/year on it. All I did was teh recommended belts at 90K and had to do the front rotors at 120K. Looks great, drives great. I must say I wish it had more power. I live in Mass and it handles the winter weather just fine, no winter tires. There's so few of them out there everyone thinks it's new.

unwavering relaibility
By Sledge on 02/03/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Toyota Celica ST 25th Anniversary 2dr Hatchback

This car has lived a tough life and yet continues to perform flawlessly. Though I perform meticulous maintenance and I am fanatical about keeping proper records, it has been driven hard. Though the years it has never given me a single problem outside of normal wear items. Even most of those are still untouched: for instance brakes, wiper blades, dome and tail lights are all original.

Owner for 8 years
By Dominic on 10/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Toyota Celica GT 25th Anniversary 2dr Convertible

I bought my 25th anniv GT convert new and have ahd 8 years and 150k miles of trouble free ownership. 5-speed and staying out of the air conditioning = pretty decent performance, but the car would feel a bit slow to me if automatic and 4 passengers.

Baby Supra!
By ItalianStallion9090 on 03/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Coupe

Great car, couldnt have spent my money better, i was looking at an integra or a eclipse, but celicas are cheaper on insurance and look way way way better! I reccomend this car to the everyday driver, for the performance nut / racer i reccomend getting an HKS twin turbo due to supreme lack in bhp and torque.

DRIVE IN STYLE
By FRAN on 02/25/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Convertible

THIS VEHICLE TURNS HEADS. THE RED PAINT IS OUTSTANDING. GOES IN THE SNOW, NOT ALL SHOW. WILL MAINTAIN ITS VALUE. HANDLES LIKE A NEW MERCEDES AT A THIRD THE COST. SHOULD OUTLAST ALL THE REST. WILL FIT FOUR SETS OF GOLF CLUBS IN THE TRUNK! I WISH I COULD PURCHASE ANOTHER IDENTICAL VEHICLE IN 2015