Used 1996 Toyota Celica Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1996 Toyota Celica - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Celica model:

Fantastic quality automobile... Classic
By Keith

1996 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Convertible

This car was owned by my brother first for 4 years. It went through many drivers when he owned it and was always extremely reliable and economical to own. I bought it a few months ago after a minor accident. I fixed the imperfections and am now driving it everyday. It's getting about 23 mpg with the top down most of the time. It shifts very smooth and takes corners effortlessly. Acceleration is about 10 seconds to 60 mph (automatic) and has about 93k on it. The styling is classic and even though a '96, not out of style in the least. Mine is black on black and always gets great comments on it's looks.

Smooth power roof, looks, handling, resale value.

Cupholders in strange place, better get up and go.

Owner Of Car Six Years!
By JTODUH

1996 Toyota Celica ST 25th Anniversary 2dr Hatchback

I bought this car used from a dealership at 40k mileage. I have never really had any problems with this car. Only problem I have is it is super slow. Other than that the car is wonderful to have. Great for a young teen who doesn't have a lot of money to spend on a new car.

The exterior design is beautiful if you add an add-on kit it looks great. Very stylish, looks like a Mercedes Benz. Great premium sound.

Cupholders are placed in a bad spot plus it is very slow. The inside needs more room and more horses in this car would of made this car perfect!

A+ All the way!!!
By Lipweb

1996 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback

Since day one this vehicle has been a blast to drive. It rides tight and performs great, although a few minor adds like exhaust and an air intake will go along way - power wise. I've had nothing but comments on my car and everyone I take for a ride in it almost instantly wants one. I owned a Z-28 t-top Camaro before my Celica and now own a newer convertible Camaro pushing over 300HP as well as an Eclipse GT pushing over 240HP and my favorite of the 3 is still the 4 cylinder Celica GT.

Styling, handling and comfort.

More stock power.

My Celica
By marriedcelicas

1996 Toyota Celica ST 2dr Hatchback

My Celica is the best vehicle I have ever owned. It holds to the road and is very fun to drive. I have had no problems with this car. I still get complements on it everytime I go out. They are great to "fix up" with aftermarket parts, and they will run forever!

I love the Headlights, they make the car original, and the hatchback comes in handy better than a normal trunk!

Favorite Car!
By Vanessa H

1996 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback

It took me a while to find the exact car I wanted...and it was completely worth the wait! This was the best car I EVER had! We've been together for 7- 8 years and it's still in EXCELLENT condition!

Sleek style & comfort of driving.

Back seats a bit small...but that's typical in a sports car.