1995 Toyota Celica Consumer Review: '95 Celica GT Hatch Still Gets

1995 Toyota Celica - Consumer Review

GT 2dr Hatchback (2.2L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

'95 Celica GT Hatch Still Gets 26-30mpg
By M.A. on

1995 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback

At 213,000, I still have the original transmission in my 95 Toyota Celica GT Hatchback in Baltic Blue. She has a 2.2 liter 16 valve engine and I just now replaced the radiator. I have always used premium unleaded. Mileage increased 5mpg upon moving from CO at 6K feet to near sea level in OR. The hatch is great; fold down the back seat and I can carry a bicycle or other large items in the car. I plan on remodeling the outside very soon, and replacing engine parts as needed, to keep her as long as I can, hopefully to enter her in shows when she is old enough! She is smooth, accelerates nicely, gets out of the way of reckless drivers quickly. Be careful: "Think" to turn right, and she does!

Engine performance/gas mileage. Smooth ride. Great safety features. Great leg room for tall me. Highly responsive.

Get the alloy wheels! Get the CD system/great speakers! Upgrade to a system with MP3 Internal ceiling 'panel' needs to be bonded to the roof better More pieces to keep floor mats in place.