My little car
By Lauren on
1995 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Coupe
I saved my little white Celica from going to the auction lot in 2002 - purchase price $6,300, with 130,000 miles on it. Since then, I've had various things replaced (rear struts, brakes, exhaust [rust from New England], timing belt) all of which I would consider to be normal wear-and-tear. I change the oil religiously. Only recently, upon topping 200,000 miles, has she started to lose her reliability. She is no longer a commuting car, and needs a new radiator and alternator, along with some body work to repair rusted panels - but the frame's still in excellent condition. I'll get a new car, but plan on keeping and maintaining my Celica for weekend drives.
Favorite Features
Interior build quality and design - high quality and tuned to the driver. Exceptional reliability. Snazzy, unique appearance. Seats are comfortable for my 5'3" frame. Trunk engulfs loads if you don't have backseat passengers. Fun fun fun to drive.
Suggested Improvements
Well, seeing how they don't make them anymore, it doesn't really matter but the cup holders are a little awkward. All in all a perfect little car.