Used 1995 Toyota Celica GT Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Toyota Celica Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Celica model:

My little car
By Lauren

1995 Toyota Celica Coupe GT 2dr Coupe

I saved my little white Celica from going to the auction lot in 2002 - purchase price $6,300, with 130,000 miles on it. Since then, I've had various things replaced (rear struts, brakes, exhaust [rust from New England], timing belt) all of which I would consider to be normal wear-and-tear. I change the oil religiously. Only recently, upon topping 200,000 miles, has she started to lose her reliability. She is no longer a commuting car, and needs a new radiator and alternator, along with some body work to repair rusted panels - but the frame's still in excellent condition. I'll get a new car, but plan on keeping and maintaining my Celica for weekend drives.

Interior build quality and design - high quality and tuned to the driver. Exceptional reliability. Snazzy, unique appearance. Seats are comfortable for my 5'3" frame. Trunk engulfs loads if you don't have backseat passengers. Fun fun fun to drive.

Well, seeing how they don't make them anymore, it doesn't really matter but the cup holders are a little awkward. All in all a perfect little car.

Excellent Ride
By B. Setliff

1995 Toyota Celica Coupe GT 2dr Coupe

I bought my '95 Celica for commuting to work and it was the best thing I've ever done. I drive a total of 750 miles a week to and from work. The car is a dream to drive. Great gas mileage and power to get up and go when needed. The car now has 167,000 mils on it and does not burn a drop of oil. I plan to keep this car as long as I can. If you see one, BUY it.

Great handling, good gas mileage, dependability, solid Toyota name... built to last!

This car keeps going
By scott

1995 Toyota Celica Coupe GT 2dr Coupe

I have owned the car 5 years and it has never broken down once. It has never had a day that it did not perform perfectly and all the features work on it. Only thing that has ever had to be replaced is the tires and the battery which was original equipment. It is not a race car but I have power to pass anytime I want and accelerate up a hill. Just a great little car.

It handles great in the corners and it just keeps going. All latches locks and mechanism electronics on the car perform flawlessly which says a lot for a 10 year old car

I would like the cab of the car to be quieter

Highly Recommended!
By teblhasa

1995 Toyota Celica Coupe GT 2dr Coupe

Great car, very well worth every penny! I always enjoy driving it and except for very little maintenance, absolutely no problems; totally trustworthy and reliable!

Automatic headlight shut off (they'll never be left on!), moonroof

Different sound system and cd player; different body styling (its a bit dull after a fashion); tighter steering; rear wheel drive