Used 1995 Toyota Celica Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Toyota Celica - Consumer Reviews

1995 Toyota Celica Coupe

View reviews for a specific Celica model:

Celica ST 5-Speed
By synthman

1995 Toyota Celica Coupe ST 2dr Coupe

I have mixed feelings when it comes to the Celica. Some things I like, others I don't. I guess I'll start with the good: reliable, looks good, handles great, and ok mpg. The bad: rides rough, cramped and uncomfortable interior, and is slow as sin. I'm 5'10" and it feels like I drive a sardine can, absolutely no room. It doesn't help that you feel every dip or rock in the road through your spine. You have to run it at redline if you want to get anywhere anytime soon. Absolutely lackluster straight line performance. Also the cup holder is useless with the 5-speed, since it occupies the area your elbow is when you go to shift. Oh, and there is no aftermarket for this car...at all...

Favorite Features

The styling, exterior and interior. The one good thing about it. Very driver oriented dashboard. Build quality is very good. Car has a very dense feel to it for a car of its size.

Suggested Improvements

Faster or more economical for the kind of car it is. Civic of the same year with the same power and weight gets significantly better fuel economy. Celica gets 29/34 where as the Civic gets 34/40. It's frustrating. The car looks a lot faster than what it is, which brings another slew of problems. Though in fairness the Japanese and European markets got the SS-III and GT-Four.

My little car
By Lauren

1995 Toyota Celica Coupe GT 2dr Coupe

I saved my little white Celica from going to the auction lot in 2002 - purchase price $6,300, with 130,000 miles on it. Since then, I've had various things replaced (rear struts, brakes, exhaust [rust from New England], timing belt) all of which I would consider to be normal wear-and-tear. I change the oil religiously. Only recently, upon topping 200,000 miles, has she started to lose her reliability. She is no longer a commuting car, and needs a new radiator and alternator, along with some body work to repair rusted panels - but the frame's still in excellent condition. I'll get a new car, but plan on keeping and maintaining my Celica for weekend drives.

Favorite Features

Interior build quality and design - high quality and tuned to the driver. Exceptional reliability. Snazzy, unique appearance. Seats are comfortable for my 5'3" frame. Trunk engulfs loads if you don't have backseat passengers. Fun fun fun to drive.

Suggested Improvements

Well, seeing how they don't make them anymore, it doesn't really matter but the cup holders are a little awkward. All in all a perfect little car.

Excellent Ride
By B. Setliff

1995 Toyota Celica Coupe GT 2dr Coupe

I bought my '95 Celica for commuting to work and it was the best thing I've ever done. I drive a total of 750 miles a week to and from work. The car is a dream to drive. Great gas mileage and power to get up and go when needed. The car now has 167,000 mils on it and does not burn a drop of oil. I plan to keep this car as long as I can. If you see one, BUY it.

Favorite Features

Great handling, good gas mileage, dependability, solid Toyota name... built to last!

This car keeps going
By scott

1995 Toyota Celica Coupe GT 2dr Coupe

I have owned the car 5 years and it has never broken down once. It has never had a day that it did not perform perfectly and all the features work on it. Only thing that has ever had to be replaced is the tires and the battery which was original equipment. It is not a race car but I have power to pass anytime I want and accelerate up a hill. Just a great little car.

Favorite Features

It handles great in the corners and it just keeps going. All latches locks and mechanism electronics on the car perform flawlessly which says a lot for a 10 year old car

Suggested Improvements

I would like the cab of the car to be quieter

Great
By DJ

1995 Toyota Celica Coupe ST 2dr Coupe

Great car, Very reliable and very fun to drive. Never have any problems with it.

Favorite Features

moonroof, good speed

Suggested Improvements

none needed