1995 Toyota Celica Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Celica model:
Celica ST 5-Speed
By synthman on 01/04/13 12:43 PM (PST)

1995 Toyota Celica Coupe ST 2dr Coupe

I have mixed feelings when it comes to the Celica. Some things I like, others I don't. I guess I'll start with the good: reliable, looks good, handles great, and ok mpg. The bad: rides rough, cramped and uncomfortable interior, and is slow as sin. I'm 5'10" and it feels like I drive a sardine can, absolutely no room. It doesn't help that you feel every dip or rock in the road through your spine. You have to run it at redline if you want to get anywhere anytime soon. Absolutely lackluster straight line performance. Also the cup holder is useless with the 5-speed, since it occupies the area your elbow is when you go to shift. Oh, and there is no aftermarket for this car...at all...

My little car
By Lauren on 06/23/10 06:24 AM (PDT)

1995 Toyota Celica Coupe GT 2dr Coupe

I saved my little white Celica from going to the auction lot in 2002 - purchase price $6,300, with 130,000 miles on it. Since then, I've had various things replaced (rear struts, brakes, exhaust [rust from New England], timing belt) all of which I would consider to be normal wear-and-tear. I change the oil religiously. Only recently, upon topping 200,000 miles, has she started to lose her reliability. She is no longer a commuting car, and needs a new radiator and alternator, along with some body work to repair rusted panels - but the frame's still in excellent condition. I'll get a new car, but plan on keeping and maintaining my Celica for weekend drives.

Excellent Ride
By B. Setliff on 12/31/08 09:35 AM (PST)

1995 Toyota Celica Coupe GT 2dr Coupe

I bought my '95 Celica for commuting to work and it was the best thing I've ever done. I drive a total of 750 miles a week to and from work. The car is a dream to drive. Great gas mileage and power to get up and go when needed. The car now has 167,000 mils on it and does not burn a drop of oil. I plan to keep this car as long as I can. If you see one, BUY it.

This car keeps going
By scott on 05/10/05 15:14 PM (PDT)

1995 Toyota Celica Coupe GT 2dr Coupe

I have owned the car 5 years and it has never broken down once. It has never had a day that it did not perform perfectly and all the features work on it. Only thing that has ever had to be replaced is the tires and the battery which was original equipment. It is not a race car but I have power to pass anytime I want and accelerate up a hill. Just a great little car.

Great
By DJ on 01/01/05 23:09 PM (PST)

1995 Toyota Celica Coupe ST 2dr Coupe

Great car, Very reliable and very fun to drive. Never have any problems with it.

Economy, Looks, Reliability.
By Forced to buy Nissan on 09/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Toyota Celica Coupe ST 2dr Coupe

Only Toyota. My car has not cost me a dime in anything other than tires and one set of spark plugs. Everything else is original and in excellent condition. Performs well for such an economy car. Can't beat the price.

Beautiful Car
By Eminem525 on 03/25/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Toyota Celica Coupe ST 2dr Coupe

Beautiful car. Very nice and sporty looking. Handles really good and is fun to drive.

Highly Recommended!
By teblhasa on 12/27/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Toyota Celica Coupe GT 2dr Coupe

Great car, very well worth every penny! I always enjoy driving it and except for very little maintenance, absolutely no problems; totally trustworthy and reliable!

Great Car!
By Shogo on 03/21/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Toyota Celica Coupe ST 2dr Coupe

The car is just great so far. Drives like a dream, amazingly stable both at low and high speeds. Very reliable. The only problem I had so far - one of the spark wires came off and I was stupid enough to get it to Toyota dealership where those bastards robbed me for $150 and sold me the wires for $80 that were not even golden!!!! If I would not be that stupid, I could fix it myself within a minute. Other than that - the car is just so nice to drive, doesn't introduce any problems, pretty powerfull even at 120 hp - 'cause it's very light. Would advise everyone to have it. Looks like a dream.