Used 1995 Toyota Celica GT Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Toyota Celica Convertible - Consumer Reviews

GT 2.2L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual - (13 reviews )

Great little Sports Car $30k new.
By jlodestone

1995 Toyota Celica Convertible GT 2dr Convertible

My daughter's car, but I get to maintain it and pay for repairs (we split costs) and drive it some. Not a really fast car, but holds the road really well and starts and runs really well. Mostly it is fun to drive and it gets about 35 mpg doing it.

Convertible... Fun to take the top down. Mileage is very good. Handling is excellent. Great to look at.

Coffee cup holders are impossible to use. They get in the way of shifting. Has a really hard ride.

Gets better and better
By I love this car

1995 Toyota Celica Convertible GT 2dr Convertible

Simply put, I love this car! I 0nly wish I could find another one. Zippy, 40+ mpg, 5 speed. Needs a new roof, the aforementioned wear spots developed and a new roof is in the future. Handles like a Porsche, looks beautiful and, well, I could go on and on. I'm always on the lookout for another one.

Beautiful lines, zippy 5 speed, extraordinary gas mileage.

Some sort of roof realignment to prevent wear spots.Other than that, not a thing. Oh,start making them again!

Ageless Celica
By Jackie

1995 Toyota Celica Convertible GT 2dr Convertible

Bought my car locally as a gift to myself after I retired from law enforcement. Had just under 20,000 miles on it. Right now has about 35,000 miles. Top condition, no dents no dings. It's a summer time fun car up here in North Dakota. Everyone thinks its a new vehicle and surprised learn it's age. Only problem I have had was the ignition contacts. Fixed it and it runs like a charm. No intentions of ever selling it. Four year old great niece named it the Wind Roof!

Style and fuel economy

Great except for top with age
By scowstern

1995 Toyota Celica Convertible GT 2dr Convertible

This was a very reliable, beautiful, and fun car for the 15 years I owned it. It did develop a slow oil leak, but otherwise was problem free. Except for the convertible top. Over time the Velcro stopped gripping inside, a metal strut snapped, making it very hard to put the top down or back up. The black canvas top looked awful after 10 years, as it got gummy and dirty. It had been replaced at 5 years. The back window finally fell out, and that was the last straw. Aside from the miserable top, and the loud noise inside on the freeway, it was a great car!

The beauty and reliability.

More durable top, and better sound insulation inside. Mid console with the cup-holders could use some work too.

Love It... Great Bang For Your Buck!
By HENNA

1995 Toyota Celica Convertible GT 2dr Convertible

Bought it in excellent condition with under 100K miles. Customized the interior, radio, rims and tires and you would think I was driving a Maserati. Compliments every time we take it out for a Cruise. Great handle, great gas mileage, great style and it's paid for! Wouldn't trade it for anything. Like it so much may customize it a little further for the complete package...paint, screen behind drivers seats like bmws, porsches etc, auto truck open, and new fixture to hold convertible top cover down a little better. I call it the bat Mobile being that it's satin black! Everyone who has one just loves theirs, great having friends on the road who have something in common. Sweet car!

A convertible in California, need I say more!

Everything i mentioned above :) it should come with some hot shades.