Used 1995 Toyota Celica ST Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Toyota Celica - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Celica model:

Celica ST 5-Speed
By synthman

1995 Toyota Celica ST 2dr Coupe

I have mixed feelings when it comes to the Celica. Some things I like, others I don't. I guess I'll start with the good: reliable, looks good, handles great, and ok mpg. The bad: rides rough, cramped and uncomfortable interior, and is slow as sin. I'm 5'10" and it feels like I drive a sardine can, absolutely no room. It doesn't help that you feel every dip or rock in the road through your spine. You have to run it at redline if you want to get anywhere anytime soon. Absolutely lackluster straight line performance. Also the cup holder is useless with the 5-speed, since it occupies the area your elbow is when you go to shift. Oh, and there is no aftermarket for this car...at all...

Favorite Features

The styling, exterior and interior. The one good thing about it. Very driver oriented dashboard. Build quality is very good. Car has a very dense feel to it for a car of its size.

Suggested Improvements

Faster or more economical for the kind of car it is. Civic of the same year with the same power and weight gets significantly better fuel economy. Celica gets 29/34 where as the Civic gets 34/40. It's frustrating. The car looks a lot faster than what it is, which brings another slew of problems. Though in fairness the Japanese and European markets got the SS-III and GT-Four.

Great
By DJ

1995 Toyota Celica ST 2dr Coupe

Great car, Very reliable and very fun to drive. Never have any problems with it.

Favorite Features

moonroof, good speed

Suggested Improvements

none needed

Economy, Looks, Reliability.
By Forced to buy Nissan

1995 Toyota Celica ST 2dr Coupe

Only Toyota. My car has not cost me a dime in anything other than tires and one set of spark plugs. Everything else is original and in excellent condition. Performs well for such an economy car. Can't beat the price.

Favorite Features

The body style. At least once a month someone asks me what kind of car it is. Someone is always impressed with the looks and surprised at the year.

Suggested Improvements

Toyotas line of cars is faultering a little. Need to pick it back up. No more Supra, Celica, or MR2 again. A little hint guys, follow Nissan's lead. Changes to the Camry were several steps backward. Disappointing.

Beautiful Car
By Eminem525

1995 Toyota Celica ST 2dr Coupe

Beautiful car. Very nice and sporty looking. Handles really good and is fun to drive.

Favorite Features

I love the body style, this is the main reason i got this car. Performance wise it isn't real great but only if your looking for a fast car.

Great Car!
By Shogo

1995 Toyota Celica ST 2dr Coupe

The car is just great so far. Drives like a dream, amazingly stable both at low and high speeds. Very reliable. The only problem I had so far - one of the spark wires came off and I was stupid enough to get it to Toyota dealership where those bastards robbed me for $150 and sold me the wires for $80 that were not even golden!!!! If I would not be that stupid, I could fix it myself within a minute. Other than that - the car is just so nice to drive, doesn't introduce any problems, pretty powerfull even at 120 hp - 'cause it's very light. Would advise everyone to have it. Looks like a dream.

Favorite Features

The subwoofer in the trunk :). Tight steering, sport-looking.

Suggested Improvements

Wish it had less amount of scretches on the body. :) - that's the previous owner's fault.