1995 Toyota Celica - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Celica model:
Great little Sports Car $30k new.
By jlodestone on 05/29/12 14:44 PM (PDT)

1995 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Convertible

My daughter's car, but I get to maintain it and pay for repairs (we split costs) and drive it some. Not a really fast car, but holds the road really well and starts and runs really well. Mostly it is fun to drive and it gets about 35 mpg doing it.

Gets better and better
By I love this car on 09/20/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Convertible

Simply put, I love this car! I 0nly wish I could find another one. Zippy, 40+ mpg, 5 speed. Needs a new roof, the aforementioned wear spots developed and a new roof is in the future. Handles like a Porsche, looks beautiful and, well, I could go on and on. I'm always on the lookout for another one.

Ageless Celica
By Jackie on 08/22/10 09:31 AM (PDT)

1995 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Convertible

Bought my car locally as a gift to myself after I retired from law enforcement. Had just under 20,000 miles on it. Right now has about 35,000 miles. Top condition, no dents no dings. It's a summer time fun car up here in North Dakota. Everyone thinks its a new vehicle and surprised learn it's age. Only problem I have had was the ignition contacts. Fixed it and it runs like a charm. No intentions of ever selling it. Four year old great niece named it the Wind Roof!

Great except for top with age
By scowstern on 04/11/10 12:30 PM (PDT)

1995 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Convertible

This was a very reliable, beautiful, and fun car for the 15 years I owned it. It did develop a slow oil leak, but otherwise was problem free. Except for the convertible top. Over time the Velcro stopped gripping inside, a metal strut snapped, making it very hard to put the top down or back up. The black canvas top looked awful after 10 years, as it got gummy and dirty. It had been replaced at 5 years. The back window finally fell out, and that was the last straw. Aside from the miserable top, and the loud noise inside on the freeway, it was a great car!

Love It... Great Bang For Your Buck!
By HENNA on 02/15/09 22:50 PM (PST)

1995 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Convertible

Bought it in excellent condition with under 100K miles. Customized the interior, radio, rims and tires and you would think I was driving a Maserati. Compliments every time we take it out for a Cruise. Great handle, great gas mileage, great style and it's paid for! Wouldn't trade it for anything. Like it so much may customize it a little further for the complete package...paint, screen behind drivers seats like bmws, porsches etc, auto truck open, and new fixture to hold convertible top cover down a little better. I call it the bat Mobile being that it's satin black! Everyone who has one just loves theirs, great having friends on the road who have something in common. Sweet car!

See one? Buy one!
By Bob Remington on 10/11/08 21:12 PM (PDT)

1995 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Convertible

We bought this car with 80,000 miles. That was in 2000. It is now 2008 and the the car has 164,000 . The only real expense we have put into this car is a new radiator ($130) , New tires, that's it. The top motor fizzed out because someone was hitting the switch while the top was latched, not a good idea. New convertible top motor was $600 per motor and I am currently experiencing a rear window motor problem that is very expensive to fix in the convertible series. Each rear motor is $400 via Toyota new.

Great Car!
By Matt on 09/03/07 16:42 PM (PDT)

1995 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Convertible

My fiancee and I found our dream car, a red 1995 Celica convertible with 69,000 miles, garaged all its life. This car was a great deal at just over $7500! A wonderful car. It has a beautiful design that turns heads. People ask if the car is new. The convertible is rare, with just 18,000 made from 1995-99, so is more exclusive than the dime-a-dozen BMW 3-series out there, less pretentious and way more reliable! At twelve years old, the car feels new, the paint's still shiny, the engine runs perfectly, and even the leather's in good shape. We only had to replace a sun visor, the 8" speakers (decomposed surrounds) and a console top, now this seems like a new 12 year old car.

Excellent Car for a 10yr old car
By Jay on 11/19/05 22:07 PM (PST)

1995 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Convertible

Drives like a dream. Excellent cornering ability and literally hugs the road. Suspension and ride are awesome. Gas mileage is 32mpg. Interior and seating is a little crammed.

Would buy another
By Cat on 06/28/05 15:19 PM (PDT)

1995 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Convertible

The style is best I've seen for less than $100K -- I currently have $175,000 miles on mine and have just started some minor maintenance repairs. Well worth every penny!

A huge amount of fun for under 10K
By I Lindner on 03/18/05 14:41 PM (PST)

1995 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Convertible

I wanted to get a fun car for my wife. She had driven a minivan for years.The car was meant to be a fun car that could occasionally take my 3 daughters along to the store. For a fun car it has to have a couple of things performance, great stereo, and handling. This car excels in all categories. I am amazed how much this car likes corners. The suspension is tight with a sport feel. The car shifts smoothly and with the 5 speed accelerates smoothly. It amazing to me that with all this performance it still gets the same gas milleage as my VTX1800 motorcycle. The design is solid and I can't imagine more fun for the money. I almost am reconsidering the motorcycle vs car thing.