1995 Toyota Celica - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Celica model:
Celica ST 5-Speed
By synthman on 01/04/13 12:43 PM (PST)

1995 Toyota Celica ST 2dr Coupe

I have mixed feelings when it comes to the Celica. Some things I like, others I don't. I guess I'll start with the good: reliable, looks good, handles great, and ok mpg. The bad: rides rough, cramped and uncomfortable interior, and is slow as sin. I'm 5'10" and it feels like I drive a sardine can, absolutely no room. It doesn't help that you feel every dip or rock in the road through your spine. You have to run it at redline if you want to get anywhere anytime soon. Absolutely lackluster straight line performance. Also the cup holder is useless with the 5-speed, since it occupies the area your elbow is when you go to shift. Oh, and there is no aftermarket for this car...at all...

Great little Sports Car $30k new.
By jlodestone on 05/29/12 14:44 PM (PDT)

1995 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Convertible

My daughter's car, but I get to maintain it and pay for repairs (we split costs) and drive it some. Not a really fast car, but holds the road really well and starts and runs really well. Mostly it is fun to drive and it gets about 35 mpg doing it.

Gets better and better
By I love this car on 09/20/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Convertible

Simply put, I love this car! I 0nly wish I could find another one. Zippy, 40+ mpg, 5 speed. Needs a new roof, the aforementioned wear spots developed and a new roof is in the future. Handles like a Porsche, looks beautiful and, well, I could go on and on. I'm always on the lookout for another one.

Ageless Celica
By Jackie on 08/22/10 09:31 AM (PDT)

1995 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Convertible

Bought my car locally as a gift to myself after I retired from law enforcement. Had just under 20,000 miles on it. Right now has about 35,000 miles. Top condition, no dents no dings. It's a summer time fun car up here in North Dakota. Everyone thinks its a new vehicle and surprised learn it's age. Only problem I have had was the ignition contacts. Fixed it and it runs like a charm. No intentions of ever selling it. Four year old great niece named it the Wind Roof!

My little car
By Lauren on 06/23/10 06:24 AM (PDT)

1995 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Coupe

I saved my little white Celica from going to the auction lot in 2002 - purchase price $6,300, with 130,000 miles on it. Since then, I've had various things replaced (rear struts, brakes, exhaust [rust from New England], timing belt) all of which I would consider to be normal wear-and-tear. I change the oil religiously. Only recently, upon topping 200,000 miles, has she started to lose her reliability. She is no longer a commuting car, and needs a new radiator and alternator, along with some body work to repair rusted panels - but the frame's still in excellent condition. I'll get a new car, but plan on keeping and maintaining my Celica for weekend drives.

Great except for top with age
By scowstern on 04/11/10 12:30 PM (PDT)

1995 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Convertible

This was a very reliable, beautiful, and fun car for the 15 years I owned it. It did develop a slow oil leak, but otherwise was problem free. Except for the convertible top. Over time the Velcro stopped gripping inside, a metal strut snapped, making it very hard to put the top down or back up. The black canvas top looked awful after 10 years, as it got gummy and dirty. It had been replaced at 5 years. The back window finally fell out, and that was the last straw. Aside from the miserable top, and the loud noise inside on the freeway, it was a great car!

Love It... Great Bang For Your Buck!
By HENNA on 02/15/09 22:50 PM (PST)

1995 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Convertible

Bought it in excellent condition with under 100K miles. Customized the interior, radio, rims and tires and you would think I was driving a Maserati. Compliments every time we take it out for a Cruise. Great handle, great gas mileage, great style and it's paid for! Wouldn't trade it for anything. Like it so much may customize it a little further for the complete package...paint, screen behind drivers seats like bmws, porsches etc, auto truck open, and new fixture to hold convertible top cover down a little better. I call it the bat Mobile being that it's satin black! Everyone who has one just loves theirs, great having friends on the road who have something in common. Sweet car!

Excellent Ride
By B. Setliff on 12/31/08 09:35 AM (PST)

1995 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Coupe

I bought my '95 Celica for commuting to work and it was the best thing I've ever done. I drive a total of 750 miles a week to and from work. The car is a dream to drive. Great gas mileage and power to get up and go when needed. The car now has 167,000 mils on it and does not burn a drop of oil. I plan to keep this car as long as I can. If you see one, BUY it.

See one? Buy one!
By Bob Remington on 10/11/08 21:12 PM (PDT)

1995 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Convertible

We bought this car with 80,000 miles. That was in 2000. It is now 2008 and the the car has 164,000 . The only real expense we have put into this car is a new radiator ($130) , New tires, that's it. The top motor fizzed out because someone was hitting the switch while the top was latched, not a good idea. New convertible top motor was $600 per motor and I am currently experiencing a rear window motor problem that is very expensive to fix in the convertible series. Each rear motor is $400 via Toyota new.

Just Incredible
By commdeus on 09/22/07 20:16 PM (PDT)

1995 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback

Just picked one up with 85K miles on it. I wanted one back when they came out, but I ended up working overseas. So finally bought one! Simply put, it's incredible! I've owned a variety of cars in my life, but this is the first one that I actually take out for night time drives after the kids are in bed. It's got some pep in stock form. Great handling. A little low on the torque at high RPMs, but I prefer low-end torque on windy roads anyway. There's enough space in the back for two child seats, the stock speakers are quite good, and the front seats are really comfortable. The fuel mileage couldn't be better either - I'm anticipating 500 miles per fill-up.

1 2 3 4 5 next »