Used 1994 Toyota Celica Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Toyota Celica Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Celica model:

Unbelievable reliability
By jdberndt

1994 Toyota Celica Hatchback ST 2dr Hatchback

I bought this car with 115K on it. It now has 195K after 6.5 years. I have had brake work and a timing belt put on it. I've had some electrical problems but I suspect these are due to a poorly installed aftermarket alarm that was in it when I bought it. I'm moving on now but I will certainly miss driving this great commuter.

had a prelude before
By bobby mc

1994 Toyota Celica Hatchback ST 2dr Hatchback

My 1994 Celica ST has 215,000 miles on it and it will still take me anywhere in the country. It's not as strong as my v-tech Prelude, but it's much better in every other category. The gt is probably better all around. If I get another car it'll be another 90s Celica. Wonderful car! I'm 53 yrs old and have owned a lot of cars but this one's my favorite hands down!

It'll hold nearly as much stuff as a pick up truck! It's very reliable and has less understeer than the Prelude. What a great car!

None

The Best Car Ever Built
By Homey

1994 Toyota Celica Hatchback ST 2dr Hatchback

My Toyota Celica has 257,000 miles and is still going strong. Total cost of repairs over 14 years was $258.00 for exhaust manifold replacement (it rusted out). Of course I had to replace tires, etc. I can't praise this car enough. I wish Toyota still made this vehicle. I would like another one.

Love the body style. Fun to drive. Love the fold down back seats. I have moved everything in my Celica.

Back seat is small.

Love my car
By Dan

1994 Toyota Celica Hatchback ST 2dr Hatchback

I just purchased this car and even though it needs some work, I still love it! I get so many head turns when I drive through town.The gas mileage is exceptional and I'm thinking of converting it to a manual to get even more mileage and fun out of it.

Headlights, seats and the hatch. There's so much room in the car!

Bigger engine and better and more customizeability (that's not even a word).

Original owner 13 years and counting
By Proud Original Owner

1994 Toyota Celica Hatchback GT 2dr Hatchback

The car is still beautiful and drives better than many of the new cars I test drive in vain. I know I can't drive this forever, but once you have this car you will see nothing is good enough for you (that you can afford anyway). Still have original exhaust system, it passes emissions every year. All I have done is normal maintenence, and tune ups, except starter was rebuilt in year 10, just $8 in parts - big deal. If you can find one that was maintained like mine, you can't go wrong. A wonderful used car. I keep mine gleaming and it still turns heads after all these years. I won't ever sell it, even though I will buy another new car soon. Now, to find room to store this car...

Exterior design, reliability, turning circle, and gear ratio.

Radio display was hard to read from day 1- impossible in the bright sunlight. Now that it's old, a little too much road noise, could have more dampening, did they have that in '94?