1994 Toyota Celica - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Celica model:
Unbelievable reliability
By jdberndt on 02/07/10 08:26 AM (PST)

1994 Toyota Celica ST 2dr Hatchback

I bought this car with 115K on it. It now has 195K after 6.5 years. I have had brake work and a timing belt put on it. I've had some electrical problems but I suspect these are due to a poorly installed aftermarket alarm that was in it when I bought it. I'm moving on now but I will certainly miss driving this great commuter.

had a prelude before
By bobby mc on 10/25/08 09:38 AM (PDT)

1994 Toyota Celica ST 2dr Hatchback

My 1994 Celica ST has 215,000 miles on it and it will still take me anywhere in the country. It's not as strong as my v-tech Prelude, but it's much better in every other category. The gt is probably better all around. If I get another car it'll be another 90s Celica. Wonderful car! I'm 53 yrs old and have owned a lot of cars but this one's my favorite hands down!

The Best Car Ever Built
By Homey on 02/23/08 12:12 PM (PST)

1994 Toyota Celica ST 2dr Hatchback

My Toyota Celica has 257,000 miles and is still going strong. Total cost of repairs over 14 years was $258.00 for exhaust manifold replacement (it rusted out). Of course I had to replace tires, etc. I can't praise this car enough. I wish Toyota still made this vehicle. I would like another one.

Love my car
By Dan on 09/23/07 19:45 PM (PDT)

1994 Toyota Celica ST 2dr Hatchback

I just purchased this car and even though it needs some work, I still love it! I get so many head turns when I drive through town.The gas mileage is exceptional and I'm thinking of converting it to a manual to get even more mileage and fun out of it.

Most Reliable Car Built
By cantabtim on 01/06/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Toyota Celica ST 2dr Hatchback

I bought this car from new. Its lived entirely outside, through 10 New England winters and Boston driving and yet nothing ever goes wrong with it. Yes, the backseat is a little cramped but the hatchback trunk is remarkably roomy. Four adults and their luggage managed a week in Nova Scotia last August. I would never even think of buying any other car than a Toyota......if this one ever dies.

best car
By seaoglass on 12/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Toyota Celica ST 2dr Hatchback

If you are looking for a economical, sporty and fun car this is the best one. It is also very reliable

a great car
By Krispy on 06/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Toyota Celica ST 2dr Hatchback

wonderful little car. I can fit my bike in the hatchback and all my camping gear. It's amazing what you can fit in this little car. Handles wonderfully. A joy to drive and never had any problems with it.

can't sell it
By JimesK on 09/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Toyota Celica ST 2dr Hatchback

I owned several eclipes, but none of them will match my celica. I only replced water pump at the time I bought the celica three years ago. I actually sold this car, and then changed my mind and got the car back. These cars will run forever!

My Celica
By Quistwe on 03/29/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Toyota Celica ST 2dr Hatchback

I just got my first car last summer. It is a 1994 Toyota Celica ST Hatchback. It looks exactly like the picture of the red one they show on this page. Everyone comments that it looks new and the paint looks likes its just been "washed." It is so much fun to drive, filling it up at the gas station does not clean out my wallet, and I find that absolute strangers remember me by it. They walk right up to me and say, "Hey, aren't you the one that drives that sporty red car. It's really sharp." or "You own THAT car." It's a really good, straightforward, dependable car.