1994 Toyota Celica - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Celica model:
Awesome Car
By EOreilly on 05/18/10 14:42 PM (PDT)

1994 Toyota Celica ST 2dr Coupe

Driven daily. It is now in the 300K mile club. Despite the scratches and dents, this car is fun to drive. Great on gas! Powerful 1.8 L engine and great handling. I just love this car, still looks great. You would not even think it has 300,000 miles. The engine still purring. Low maintenance, great reliable car. Way to go TOYOTA!

Love my car
By erynn on 02/18/07 14:56 PM (PST)

1994 Toyota Celica ST 2dr Coupe

I have had this car for almost 8 years. I bought it used with 70,000 miles on it. The only thing have had to replace is the clutch at 108K miles. I am now at 167K and no problems except I need the valve seals replaced due to age. This car has been extremely reliable, never broken down, never runs bad. The a/c and heating system is superb. It handles like a sports car and is a pleasure to drive. I love that it is a 13 year old car and still looks very stylish.

This has been an awesome car
By Michael on 12/10/06 16:27 PM (PST)

1994 Toyota Celica ST 2dr Coupe

I have owned this car for almost seven years. It has been incredibly reliable, with excellent gas mileage and very little maintainance. Regular oil changes, tire rotations and upkeep have made this car an amazing driving experience. I am sorry to sell it but have found a new Scion tC to take it's place.

148 k miles and still strong
By Amy R on 11/08/04 22:44 PM (PST)

1994 Toyota Celica ST 2dr Coupe

I've had this car for almost 11 years now and never had any major repair work done. Oil changes, new tires, sunroof motor for $50 and the required high mileage check up. Been a great strong dependable car and its still worth $2600 according to Edmunds.com. Can't beat it. Toyota's run forever!! Thanks Toyota!

My Celica
By spyguy on 08/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Toyota Celica ST 2dr Coupe

At 109,000 the vehicle had its first repair job other than regular maintenance. The AC valve was replaced. Original front brake pads were replaced at 70,000 miles. Original rear shoes lasted to 92,000 miles. Engine and transmission still perform well. Oil is still clean at oil change time. Has never needed oil added between changes.

Great Car for the price
By the289man on 07/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Toyota Celica ST 2dr Coupe

I bought it at 82,000 and it's now at 105,000 in 9 months. The only mechanical problem I have had is a leaking oil pressure sensor which costed me $20 to replace. This car runs great for 105,000 miles and doesn't have any hint of problems.

excellent car
By Rob Cro on 02/21/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Toyota Celica ST 2dr Coupe

I have had virtually no mechanical or other problems with my 1994 celica.

Best Value Under $7000
By isnipdog1975 on 05/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Toyota Celica ST 2dr Coupe

Always mistaken for Jaguar, Mercedes, never Toyota. BREATHTAKING in silver metallic. Gas mileage consistently 32MPG! Michelin Symmetry tires correct road noise & ride comfort. Got this car, GET THESE TIRES. Rides like Lexus SC300. Specialty air filter = power boost even wife can feel. At 90k miles only Prblm: Rear Struts at 30k, rear wheel life. Complaints about power, only an issue from standstill (long first gear TOYOTA!) After getting going, youÂ’ll outmaneuver any car on road in any real world circumstance not putting lives of yourself & others in danger. Excellent resale value. Friends with Probes & Eclipses long since bit the reliability dust. My Celica drives & looks new

172,000+ and going strong
By Alan S. on 04/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Toyota Celica ST 2dr Coupe

I bought this car with 1800 miles on it in 1995. Nearly 7 years and 171,000 miles later, I couldn't be more pleased. Aside from oil changes and regular preventative maintenance (e.g. timing belt). I have had to make ONE repair. I had to replace the front wheels at 150,000. If you can believe it, I have only replaced the front brake pads once and never touched the exhaust. Amazing. And the car still gets 30 mpg and runs quiet and strong.

Best handling car ever
By ted on 04/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Toyota Celica ST 2dr Coupe

Celica is the best handling car in SCCA SoloII H Stock class. It has won H stock national SoloII titles in 94, 96, 97, 98 and 99. A sports car is supposed to handle not just going fast. Celica is not really fast, but its asskicking handling can sure make up its power. Iv own this car for 4 years. The only and only thing I replaced was the engine bell. Other than that, this car is trouble free.