1994 Toyota Celica - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Celica model:
Loved my celica
By toyotacurrenla on 03/20/12 12:58 PM (PDT)

1994 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Coupe

Great car. No major repairs for the year of car. Normal maint. needed over the years. Now needs a new fuel pump but easy access to change do not have to drop tank to do. Fixing that issue then it's going on the market for a new car. Great car would recommend to anyone.

Awesome Car
By EOreilly on 05/18/10 14:42 PM (PDT)

1994 Toyota Celica ST 2dr Coupe

Driven daily. It is now in the 300K mile club. Despite the scratches and dents, this car is fun to drive. Great on gas! Powerful 1.8 L engine and great handling. I just love this car, still looks great. You would not even think it has 300,000 miles. The engine still purring. Low maintenance, great reliable car. Way to go TOYOTA!

Unbelievable reliability
By jdberndt on 02/07/10 08:26 AM (PST)

1994 Toyota Celica ST 2dr Hatchback

I bought this car with 115K on it. It now has 195K after 6.5 years. I have had brake work and a timing belt put on it. I've had some electrical problems but I suspect these are due to a poorly installed aftermarket alarm that was in it when I bought it. I'm moving on now but I will certainly miss driving this great commuter.

had a prelude before
By bobby mc on 10/25/08 09:38 AM (PDT)

1994 Toyota Celica ST 2dr Hatchback

My 1994 Celica ST has 215,000 miles on it and it will still take me anywhere in the country. It's not as strong as my v-tech Prelude, but it's much better in every other category. The gt is probably better all around. If I get another car it'll be another 90s Celica. Wonderful car! I'm 53 yrs old and have owned a lot of cars but this one's my favorite hands down!

The Best Car Ever Built
By Homey on 02/23/08 12:12 PM (PST)

1994 Toyota Celica ST 2dr Hatchback

My Toyota Celica has 257,000 miles and is still going strong. Total cost of repairs over 14 years was $258.00 for exhaust manifold replacement (it rusted out). Of course I had to replace tires, etc. I can't praise this car enough. I wish Toyota still made this vehicle. I would like another one.

Love my car
By Dan on 09/23/07 19:45 PM (PDT)

1994 Toyota Celica ST 2dr Hatchback

I just purchased this car and even though it needs some work, I still love it! I get so many head turns when I drive through town.The gas mileage is exceptional and I'm thinking of converting it to a manual to get even more mileage and fun out of it.

Love my car
By erynn on 02/18/07 14:56 PM (PST)

1994 Toyota Celica ST 2dr Coupe

I have had this car for almost 8 years. I bought it used with 70,000 miles on it. The only thing have had to replace is the clutch at 108K miles. I am now at 167K and no problems except I need the valve seals replaced due to age. This car has been extremely reliable, never broken down, never runs bad. The a/c and heating system is superb. It handles like a sports car and is a pleasure to drive. I love that it is a 13 year old car and still looks very stylish.

Original owner 13 years and counting
By Proud Original Owner on 02/10/07 17:36 PM (PST)

1994 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback

The car is still beautiful and drives better than many of the new cars I test drive in vain. I know I can't drive this forever, but once you have this car you will see nothing is good enough for you (that you can afford anyway). Still have original exhaust system, it passes emissions every year. All I have done is normal maintenence, and tune ups, except starter was rebuilt in year 10, just $8 in parts - big deal. If you can find one that was maintained like mine, you can't go wrong. A wonderful used car. I keep mine gleaming and it still turns heads after all these years. I won't ever sell it, even though I will buy another new car soon. Now, to find room to store this car...

This has been an awesome car
By Michael on 12/10/06 16:27 PM (PST)

1994 Toyota Celica ST 2dr Coupe

I have owned this car for almost seven years. It has been incredibly reliable, with excellent gas mileage and very little maintainance. Regular oil changes, tire rotations and upkeep have made this car an amazing driving experience. I am sorry to sell it but have found a new Scion tC to take it's place.

A great car for me and maybe you too
By RJG on 05/24/06 17:06 PM (PDT)

1994 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback

this is a wonderful car, great design, quick enough, handles well, reliable, not too hard to work on and easy to find a place to do work when needed, bigger than it looks. I like this car and plan to keep it for a long long long time since I cannot find anything that matches up with it.