1993 Toyota Celica Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Celica model:
How many miles can you get
By Celica on 08/13/10 14:45 PM (PDT)

1993 Toyota Celica Coupe GT 2dr Coupe

i have a 93 celica and it has 284,000 miles on it and it runs good, my question is how many miles can you get out of these cars?

The Best Celica Generation
By Adam on 04/02/10 20:48 PM (PDT)

1993 Toyota Celica Coupe ST 2dr Coupe

I've had my Celica for about 9 years now, and I've driven it across country twice. All the customizations and upgrades I did to the car (including a new fuel injection chip, air intake, and alloy rims) went in perfectly. I haven't had a single unscheduled maintenance or repair in the entire time I've owned the car. My girlfriend has a brand new Yaris, and my 17-year-old Celica still routinely beats her car in gas mileage, usually around 29-31 mpg, which is 2-5 better than the Yaris. Finally, at 17, the car's exterior is starting to show its age with some clear coat peeling and a few dings from use. The interior is aging even slower. Mechanically, it drives like new.

Quality Vehicle
By nels on 11/05/07 05:04 AM (PST)

1993 Toyota Celica Coupe ST 2dr Coupe

Best vehicle I've ever owned. When you finally replace the factory battery after it's 12 years old, I'd say you have a quality built vehicle. I've had nothing go wrong with it except for normal wear and tear stuff. The clutch could use replacing finally after 175,000 miles but even it is still in working condition. If you're looking for a vehicle with little maintenance, this is the car. I just wish Toyota was still making these awesome little cars.

Fast potential car
By volcom rider on 03/27/07 20:56 PM (PDT)

1993 Toyota Celica Coupe ST 2dr Coupe

This is my second racing car. After my CRX I wanted something a little bit bigger with more room in the engine bay. I was floored by the quality for the price. The only negative is that finding performance parts like coilovers is nearly impossible, although it is a dream to work on this car under the hood. I do hate the setup of the cup tray because its a hassle when shifting so I removed it to place a equalizer in its compartment. Simple improvement is tune up the car with high end filters spark plugs and wires. also get better ratio pulleys. First thing I did was new radiator and injectors adding a cold air intake.

Celirocks
By torpedo09 on 07/20/06 14:15 PM (PDT)

1993 Toyota Celica Coupe GT 2dr Coupe

I like the feel of the car when i am driving it, it seems so powerful. It's always fun to take a drive at night and watch all the people look at it in awe as I drive by. I just like the car in all ways, its awesome.

beautiful car
By shaun on 06/25/05 14:39 PM (PDT)

1993 Toyota Celica Coupe GT 2dr Coupe

i've had my celica for about a year and a half now and i love it! the curves of the body and the feel of the drive make it one of the best cars of the time. i've seen other cars in the same price range in 93 and i believe the celica is among the highest quality.

1993 Celica GT Coupe with 180K miles
By dominicl on 06/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Toyota Celica Coupe GT 2dr Coupe

I have owned this car for the last six years. A lot of fun to to drive. Great breaks. The engine is quick of the line but does leave one a little wanting after 5000 RPM. Handles very well too and is extremely durable. At 180,000 miles I am going strong and hope to break 200,000. I would hate to get rid of this car ... there a few good replacements available. Maybe a new Scion tC???

93 Celica GT
By E7 on 11/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Toyota Celica Coupe GT 2dr Coupe

I bought my GT coupe 2-door, two years ago, but the car was recently totalled. Not a bad car, but I think there are better cars. I always liked the brakes. Interior was pleasing. The seat became uncomfortable before it was totalled(I was rear-ended). I am 6'6 believe it or not. It will fit two adults up front, but can be cramped in the rear.

My favorite car
By jdmac44 on 07/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Toyota Celica Coupe GT 2dr Coupe

The 5th generation Celica (90-93) is by far the favorite car I've ever owned. It has the most unique body design with sensational curves and since there are so few out there nowadays it becomes even more appealing. To drive it is a dream, I've never been in a car that rode and handled so smoothly, there are cars that "ride on rails" through tight curves (but jerk you around), but this cuts through as if it's on feathered wings. The five speed is an absolute must, I've driven an automatic and it seemed a little anemic but with the manual you just have to learn how to find the powerband sweet spots and it takes off like a slingshot; love that second gear!

tight as a rock after 182K
By dhg23 on 06/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Toyota Celica Coupe ST 2dr Coupe

Since I bought this car back in '98, i have not had a single problem. Just change the oil, tires and fill her up and she runs forever. she purrs like a kitten and even at high speeds there are no annoying rattles or squeeks or anything. It's amazing. Honestly, i can't believe it. I know that every car i have after this will always be compared to this vehicle.