Used 1993 Toyota Celica GT Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Toyota Celica - Consumer Reviews

1993 Toyota Celica Convertible

GT 2.2L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual - (8 reviews )

Celicas Rock
By Danielle Van Aulen

1993 Toyota Celica Convertible GT 2dr Convertible

I have had my Celica for almost 11 years, and it has been my baby!!! I haven't had to repair many things except for the norm (tires, brakes, timing belt, etc...). There are currently a little over 180,00 miles on it and it is that time to re-buy. It has been very hard trying to find another vehicle that I like as much as this!!!! The only thing that I disliked was the trunk!

Favorite Features

Body Style, Convertible top, The simple dash board features, sporty look with a backseat.

Suggested Improvements

The trunk. Like mine, I see that the trunk starts to lift up, because of some type of failure with the hydraulic system.

Fifth Generation #3...
By Lynnie

1993 Toyota Celica Convertible GT 2dr Convertible

The fifth generation Celica is a great car. I just bought my 3rd one, and continue to be thrilled with it. In my work, I drive ~ 30 to 40K miles per year. The Celicas have all been great to drive, reliable, with good mileage and classy looks - especially Gracie, the current one. A white ragtop. Beautiful. Even better is that I've purchased all three used, drove 2 of them past 200K miles (still working on #3), never had a real breakdown - as in stranded on the roadside - and my insurance costs are minimal. What more can a girl ask?

Favorite Features

Solid performance especially steering, power and suspension. Ergonomically perfect for my body size (tiny). EXTREMELY reliable.

Suggested Improvements

Would love to have additional adjustments to the driver seat. Ragtop showing signs of possible leaking -- it's smelling musty. This is my first time with an automatic transmission and believe a manual is much better. Overall, no significant complaints.

Mom's car
By Alex123

1993 Toyota Celica Convertible GT 2dr Convertible

This is a great car, fun to drive and reliable.

Favorite Features

Nothing like a sunny day with the top down and the stereo cranked!

Great car, great value
By Poetess

1993 Toyota Celica Convertible GT 2dr Convertible

I bought my car used but am only the second owner. I absolutely love my car -- it's fun to drive, and is very reliable. It has good acceleration and handles well. Usually I am the only one in the car, but even when I have two or three people with me, it is still easy to drive. Now that my car is ten years old, some small things have begun to fail, but nothing I can't live with. The engine is still going strong, and in fact I only recently replaced the battery which had been with the car originally. Definitely recommend as a car that's fun and keeps its value.

Favorite Features

It's comfortable, handles easily, and has a great heater - perfect for those cool nights when you still want to drive topless.

Suggested Improvements

It would be nice to put the top up or down while the car is moving instead of getting off the freeway, parking, and then putting the top up or down. The back seat could be a little bigger so that an adult could sit there comfortably.

I LOVE IT!!!
By ToyotaFan

1993 Toyota Celica Convertible GT 2dr Convertible

I've only owned my ragtop for a few weeks. I drove it from IL to Colorado with the top down and had no problems at all (except I got a sunburn :)) It is fun to drive and handles well. And it turns heads! People think it's a new car; the styling is timeless. I know I'll be missing it when winter comes and I have to store it. This car is a rare find.

Favorite Features

the ragtop of course, the stereo with cassette AND CD; the styling.

Suggested Improvements

none