1993 Toyota Celica Convertible - Consumer Reviews

GT 2.2L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual - (8 reviews )
Celicas Rock
By Danielle Van Aulen on 06/15/09 16:20 PM (PDT)

1993 Toyota Celica Convertible GT 2dr Convertible

I have had my Celica for almost 11 years, and it has been my baby!!! I haven't had to repair many things except for the norm (tires, brakes, timing belt, etc...). There are currently a little over 180,00 miles on it and it is that time to re-buy. It has been very hard trying to find another vehicle that I like as much as this!!!! The only thing that I disliked was the trunk!

Fifth Generation #3...
By Lynnie on 01/04/05 11:56 AM (PST)

1993 Toyota Celica Convertible GT 2dr Convertible

The fifth generation Celica is a great car. I just bought my 3rd one, and continue to be thrilled with it. In my work, I drive ~ 30 to 40K miles per year. The Celicas have all been great to drive, reliable, with good mileage and classy looks - especially Gracie, the current one. A white ragtop. Beautiful. Even better is that I've purchased all three used, drove 2 of them past 200K miles (still working on #3), never had a real breakdown - as in stranded on the roadside - and my insurance costs are minimal. What more can a girl ask?

Mom's car
By Alex123 on 03/15/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Toyota Celica Convertible GT 2dr Convertible

This is a great car, fun to drive and reliable.

Great car, great value
By Poetess on 09/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Toyota Celica Convertible GT 2dr Convertible

I bought my car used but am only the second owner. I absolutely love my car -- it's fun to drive, and is very reliable. It has good acceleration and handles well. Usually I am the only one in the car, but even when I have two or three people with me, it is still easy to drive. Now that my car is ten years old, some small things have begun to fail, but nothing I can't live with. The engine is still going strong, and in fact I only recently replaced the battery which had been with the car originally. Definitely recommend as a car that's fun and keeps its value.

I LOVE IT!!!
By ToyotaFan on 07/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Toyota Celica Convertible GT 2dr Convertible

I've only owned my ragtop for a few weeks. I drove it from IL to Colorado with the top down and had no problems at all (except I got a sunburn :)) It is fun to drive and handles well. And it turns heads! People think it's a new car; the styling is timeless. I know I'll be missing it when winter comes and I have to store it. This car is a rare find.

Celica
By MarcHarper on 06/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Toyota Celica Convertible GT 2dr Convertible

Rock Solid! This car has been great for me for years. Very reliable over the long haul. Feels like I'll get well over 200,000 miles out of her.

Fun & Reliable!
By angela on 06/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Toyota Celica Convertible GT 2dr Convertible

I've had my card since '95 and have great luck with it. All I've had to do is regular maintenance; oil, tires, brakes and most importantly it has never left me stuck anywhere! It fun to drive in the summer & in warms up quick in the winter. I've never had a car so reliable yet sporty in my life. I highly recommend it.

34,447 of 34,447 people found this review helpful
A true beauty!
By Grant516 on 04/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Toyota Celica Convertible GT 2dr Convertible

My second car is/was a 1993 Toyota Celica GT Convertible, LOADED! =) Never a dull moment, the car performed great! I still like the look more than almost any car I've ever seen... even more than the newer celicas, excepted the dated pop-up lites. : ) Premium sound system is awesome!... and the backsteat aint THAT small *wink*