Used 1993 Toyota Celica ST Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Toyota Celica - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Celica model:

The Best Celica Generation
By Adam

1993 Toyota Celica ST 2dr Coupe

I've had my Celica for about 9 years now, and I've driven it across country twice. All the customizations and upgrades I did to the car (including a new fuel injection chip, air intake, and alloy rims) went in perfectly. I haven't had a single unscheduled maintenance or repair in the entire time I've owned the car. My girlfriend has a brand new Yaris, and my 17-year-old Celica still routinely beats her car in gas mileage, usually around 29-31 mpg, which is 2-5 better than the Yaris. Finally, at 17, the car's exterior is starting to show its age with some clear coat peeling and a few dings from use. The interior is aging even slower. Mechanically, it drives like new.

Favorite Features

Stable controls and traction; it sticks to the road on the tightest curves. Legendary Toyota reliability and retention of value (at 17 it still has decent trade-in value). Beautiful exterior styling and lines. 5-speed manual is a joy to drive.

Suggested Improvements

The cup holder, on the manual, is in the worst spot in the world, and won't hold anything above a can of soda, and even then, it'll impede shifting. The backseat is largely for show as almost nobody can fit back there comfortably. My only real complaint is that Toyota stopped making Celicas.

Quality Vehicle
By nels

1993 Toyota Celica ST 2dr Coupe

Best vehicle I've ever owned. When you finally replace the factory battery after it's 12 years old, I'd say you have a quality built vehicle. I've had nothing go wrong with it except for normal wear and tear stuff. The clutch could use replacing finally after 175,000 miles but even it is still in working condition. If you're looking for a vehicle with little maintenance, this is the car. I just wish Toyota was still making these awesome little cars.

Favorite Features

I really like how nimble it is. It corners on a dime. My favorite feature is how little money I have to put into the car. It is VERY reliable.

Suggested Improvements

It only has 102HP. Course, I knew that when I bought the vehicle that the ST model was lacking in power but it makes up for that with good gas mileage.

Fast potential car
By volcom rider

1993 Toyota Celica ST 2dr Coupe

This is my second racing car. After my CRX I wanted something a little bit bigger with more room in the engine bay. I was floored by the quality for the price. The only negative is that finding performance parts like coilovers is nearly impossible, although it is a dream to work on this car under the hood. I do hate the setup of the cup tray because its a hassle when shifting so I removed it to place a equalizer in its compartment. Simple improvement is tune up the car with high end filters spark plugs and wires. also get better ratio pulleys. First thing I did was new radiator and injectors adding a cold air intake.

Favorite Features

The simplicity and style that still turns heads even though this car is over a decade old. and the customizing options that give it the edge to keep up with the style today,

tight as a rock after 182K
By dhg23

1993 Toyota Celica ST 2dr Coupe

Since I bought this car back in '98, i have not had a single problem. Just change the oil, tires and fill her up and she runs forever. she purrs like a kitten and even at high speeds there are no annoying rattles or squeeks or anything. It's amazing. Honestly, i can't believe it. I know that every car i have after this will always be compared to this vehicle.

Favorite Features

all

Suggested Improvements

none

Amazing Car
By H.

1993 Toyota Celica ST 2dr Coupe

We have had this car for about 4 or 5 years now. It's not only attractive to the eye, it runs smoothly as well.

Favorite Features

I love the fact that this car is so compact. It fits in the tiniest spaces. Even now, it doesn't look like an old, beat up car, and it's 10 years old! It still has that seek look that many teenagers find attractive in a car.

Suggested Improvements

Obvious improvement: powered windows! Other than that, nothing else really comes to mind.. except maybe power locks? not that huge of a problem since it's a coupe and it locks and unlocks with the alarm.