1993 Toyota Celica 2.2L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual Consumer Reviews

1993 Toyota Celica - Consumer Reviews

GT-S 2dr Hatchback (2.2L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

View reviews for a specific Celica model:
93 GT-S
By TPL on 07/31/10 08:40 AM (PDT)

1993 Toyota Celica GT-S 2dr Hatchback

I've owned 3 5th generation Celica's over the years ranging from a 1990 ST to a 93 GT-S. My GT-S has 257,700 mile on the original motor. The original transmission and original clutch had to be replaced at 243,000 miles. Fuel mileage isn't great, 22-26 mile per gallon, but the ST model with the 1.6 liter gives nearly 40+ on a trip. I plan to keep the GT-S until she dies.

Best car I have owned
By Mike on 11/08/05 11:11 AM (PST)

1993 Toyota Celica GT-S 2dr Hatchback

I bought my GT-s with 5 miles on it, and sold it with 140k miles. Other then normal wear and tear it worked wonderfully. Major costs come from the typical timing belt replacement, to replacing a gasket seal between the engine and the transmission which the dealer had to fix. The power antenna also stopped extending itself, but it didn't distract from the overall appearance permanently extended....

The Real Celica
By Dave R on 09/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Toyota Celica GT-S 2dr Hatchback

This Celica was a roomy, comfortable and fine handling car with more than enough power for any normal situation. Too bad Toyota downsized the model into an overpriced Corolla-sized parody. In over 9 years the only fault was poor quality shocks that should have lasted far longer.