1993 Toyota Celica - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Celica model:
How many miles can you get
By Celica on 08/13/10 14:45 PM (PDT)

1993 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Coupe

i have a 93 celica and it has 284,000 miles on it and it runs good, my question is how many miles can you get out of these cars?

93 GT-S
By TPL on 07/31/10 08:40 AM (PDT)

1993 Toyota Celica GT-S 2dr Hatchback

I've owned 3 5th generation Celica's over the years ranging from a 1990 ST to a 93 GT-S. My GT-S has 257,700 mile on the original motor. The original transmission and original clutch had to be replaced at 243,000 miles. Fuel mileage isn't great, 22-26 mile per gallon, but the ST model with the 1.6 liter gives nearly 40+ on a trip. I plan to keep the GT-S until she dies.

The Best Celica Generation
By Adam on 04/02/10 20:48 PM (PDT)

1993 Toyota Celica ST 2dr Coupe

I've had my Celica for about 9 years now, and I've driven it across country twice. All the customizations and upgrades I did to the car (including a new fuel injection chip, air intake, and alloy rims) went in perfectly. I haven't had a single unscheduled maintenance or repair in the entire time I've owned the car. My girlfriend has a brand new Yaris, and my 17-year-old Celica still routinely beats her car in gas mileage, usually around 29-31 mpg, which is 2-5 better than the Yaris. Finally, at 17, the car's exterior is starting to show its age with some clear coat peeling and a few dings from use. The interior is aging even slower. Mechanically, it drives like new.

Celicas Rock
By Danielle Van Aulen on 06/15/09 16:20 PM (PDT)

1993 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Convertible

I have had my Celica for almost 11 years, and it has been my baby!!! I haven't had to repair many things except for the norm (tires, brakes, timing belt, etc...). There are currently a little over 180,00 miles on it and it is that time to re-buy. It has been very hard trying to find another vehicle that I like as much as this!!!! The only thing that I disliked was the trunk!

Quality Vehicle
By nels on 11/05/07 05:04 AM (PST)

1993 Toyota Celica ST 2dr Coupe

Best vehicle I've ever owned. When you finally replace the factory battery after it's 12 years old, I'd say you have a quality built vehicle. I've had nothing go wrong with it except for normal wear and tear stuff. The clutch could use replacing finally after 175,000 miles but even it is still in working condition. If you're looking for a vehicle with little maintenance, this is the car. I just wish Toyota was still making these awesome little cars.

Fast potential car
By volcom rider on 03/27/07 20:56 PM (PDT)

1993 Toyota Celica ST 2dr Coupe

This is my second racing car. After my CRX I wanted something a little bit bigger with more room in the engine bay. I was floored by the quality for the price. The only negative is that finding performance parts like coilovers is nearly impossible, although it is a dream to work on this car under the hood. I do hate the setup of the cup tray because its a hassle when shifting so I removed it to place a equalizer in its compartment. Simple improvement is tune up the car with high end filters spark plugs and wires. also get better ratio pulleys. First thing I did was new radiator and injectors adding a cold air intake.

Celirocks
By torpedo09 on 07/20/06 14:15 PM (PDT)

1993 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Coupe

I like the feel of the car when i am driving it, it seems so powerful. It's always fun to take a drive at night and watch all the people look at it in awe as I drive by. I just like the car in all ways, its awesome.

Best car I have owned
By Mike on 11/08/05 11:11 AM (PST)

1993 Toyota Celica GT-S 2dr Hatchback

I bought my GT-s with 5 miles on it, and sold it with 140k miles. Other then normal wear and tear it worked wonderfully. Major costs come from the typical timing belt replacement, to replacing a gasket seal between the engine and the transmission which the dealer had to fix. The power antenna also stopped extending itself, but it didn't distract from the overall appearance permanently extended....

ST185 is The Best Celica All The Time
By Arvin Dharmawi on 07/05/05 05:47 AM (PDT)

1993 Toyota Celica All-Trac 2dr Hatchback AWD

The Celica All-trac Turbo is a very awesome car. Since it's a road version of car that created for World Rally Championship, the body is solid, the chassis is stiff, and drivetrain is very strong. Build quality is impressive. The interior is luxury with Leather and System 10 Premium Sound. The 3S-GTE engine with CT26 turbocharger delivers mighty power and torque between 3000 - 6000 rpm, although noisy, had little turbo lag, and lack of punch below 2700 rpm. This sports car is practical, with Liftback style and folding rear seat, cargo space is spacious. Problems: Overheating, Power Antenna, Loose Bearing, AC Compressor. Some parts are expensive. GT-Four (All-trac) is The Best Celica.

beautiful car
By shaun on 06/25/05 14:39 PM (PDT)

1993 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Coupe

i've had my celica for about a year and a half now and i love it! the curves of the body and the feel of the drive make it one of the best cars of the time. i've seen other cars in the same price range in 93 and i believe the celica is among the highest quality.