Used 1993 Toyota Celica Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Toyota Celica - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Celica model:

How many miles can you get
By Celica

1993 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Coupe

i have a 93 celica and it has 284,000 miles on it and it runs good, my question is how many miles can you get out of these cars?

93 GT-S
By TPL

1993 Toyota Celica GT-S 2dr Hatchback

I've owned 3 5th generation Celica's over the years ranging from a 1990 ST to a 93 GT-S. My GT-S has 257,700 mile on the original motor. The original transmission and original clutch had to be replaced at 243,000 miles. Fuel mileage isn't great, 22-26 mile per gallon, but the ST model with the 1.6 liter gives nearly 40+ on a trip. I plan to keep the GT-S until she dies.

Favorite Features

Engine, body style, interior, finish, and last for ever

Suggested Improvements

Cup holder

The Best Celica Generation
By Adam

1993 Toyota Celica ST 2dr Coupe

I've had my Celica for about 9 years now, and I've driven it across country twice. All the customizations and upgrades I did to the car (including a new fuel injection chip, air intake, and alloy rims) went in perfectly. I haven't had a single unscheduled maintenance or repair in the entire time I've owned the car. My girlfriend has a brand new Yaris, and my 17-year-old Celica still routinely beats her car in gas mileage, usually around 29-31 mpg, which is 2-5 better than the Yaris. Finally, at 17, the car's exterior is starting to show its age with some clear coat peeling and a few dings from use. The interior is aging even slower. Mechanically, it drives like new.

Favorite Features

Stable controls and traction; it sticks to the road on the tightest curves. Legendary Toyota reliability and retention of value (at 17 it still has decent trade-in value). Beautiful exterior styling and lines. 5-speed manual is a joy to drive.

Suggested Improvements

The cup holder, on the manual, is in the worst spot in the world, and won't hold anything above a can of soda, and even then, it'll impede shifting. The backseat is largely for show as almost nobody can fit back there comfortably. My only real complaint is that Toyota stopped making Celicas.

Celicas Rock
By Danielle Van Aulen

1993 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Convertible

I have had my Celica for almost 11 years, and it has been my baby!!! I haven't had to repair many things except for the norm (tires, brakes, timing belt, etc...). There are currently a little over 180,00 miles on it and it is that time to re-buy. It has been very hard trying to find another vehicle that I like as much as this!!!! The only thing that I disliked was the trunk!

Favorite Features

Body Style, Convertible top, The simple dash board features, sporty look with a backseat.

Suggested Improvements

The trunk. Like mine, I see that the trunk starts to lift up, because of some type of failure with the hydraulic system.

Quality Vehicle
By nels

1993 Toyota Celica ST 2dr Coupe

Best vehicle I've ever owned. When you finally replace the factory battery after it's 12 years old, I'd say you have a quality built vehicle. I've had nothing go wrong with it except for normal wear and tear stuff. The clutch could use replacing finally after 175,000 miles but even it is still in working condition. If you're looking for a vehicle with little maintenance, this is the car. I just wish Toyota was still making these awesome little cars.

Favorite Features

I really like how nimble it is. It corners on a dime. My favorite feature is how little money I have to put into the car. It is VERY reliable.

Suggested Improvements

It only has 102HP. Course, I knew that when I bought the vehicle that the ST model was lacking in power but it makes up for that with good gas mileage.