Poor Man's Exotic
By stuski on
1992 Toyota Celica All-Trac 2dr Hatchback AWD
I bought my current All-Trac Celica Turbo brand new. It is still brand new. Well, I had to change the front wheel hubs and bearings, one caliper, the flex pipe, use only sythetic fluids. Always garaged. Great performance when you keep revs over 3000 rpm. I put in an oversized flex pipe(old one wore out), made the exhaust louder. Amazing. A/C never charged, still works like new. Stereo is still great after some parts in it were replaced by a QUITE reputable stereo repair place. I saw the car in all the magazines at the time, went for a test drive, and ordered it immediately. Thank you Toyota, I am a common man that owns an exotic.
Favorite Features
Looks, handling, engine sound, all stock, never in accident performance. Solid like a LEXUS. Would I give this car up for a brand new Subaru WRX or Mitsubishi Evolution? Toyota was ahead of there time. Today you have to compromise instead of buying a Toyota.
Suggested Improvements
Simple aftermarket performance upgrades do the job and increase performance substantially. Todays all wheel drive cars might have great performance, but none can match the looks of a perfect Black All Trac Celica Turbo. Perfect for 11 years.