1992 Toyota Celica - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Celica model:
Great vehicle
By celica racer 05 on 07/07/06 11:57 AM (PDT)

1992 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Coupe

This car has provided me with a great first car experience and I totally love this car. It has lots of power to it and is comfotable to drive. However it is a little bit noisy, meaning road noise. But overall I would recommend this car to anybody. Toyotas are very reliable.

My 92 celica for life
By 1992celicaGTS on 09/06/05 02:57 AM (PDT)

1992 Toyota Celica GT-S 2dr Hatchback

I bought this car in 2003 with 117k miles on it. I never really had a major problem on it. I did my usual tune-up and had to repair both cv boots a few weeks ago... that's pretty much it. The performance is awesome considering the price I paid. Plus I install aftermarket air intake, full exhaust, and advanced the timing. The car is quick. It's very reliable considering its built by Toyota and plus it gets good gas mileage. I happy with the car.

Great car. Fun to drive, very reliable
By JohnMarks on 04/28/05 17:49 PM (PDT)

1992 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback

I have owned this car for 12 years and I have had no major mechanical issues. The air conditioning has started to weaken and the tires are pretty expensive to replace. The car is a bit slow off the line but handles quite well. I have had some success with it on the track due to its handling capabilities.

The Greatest Car I Never Wanted
By aviatorboi on 03/22/05 01:29 AM (PST)

1992 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback

My parents got me this car as a graduation gift. At first, I really didn't want it, but it has grown on me so much, that I fear I will never get rid of it. This car is just fun to drive. It is VERY solid and is made out of strong metal parts (which accounts for its weight). After 13 years ther are no squeaks or rattles. No doubt the car is sporty, fun and safe. Also I have only ever replaced the Alternator and light bulbs since I have owned it.

Best car I've ever owned
By arthur15 on 01/31/05 21:39 PM (PST)

1992 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback

This is the perfect car for those without kids. Still drives like it's brand new. Looks better than most new coupes as well. A timeless car. Amazing engine for a very light car. Can't go wrong with a used Celica.

good
By Esscobar on 08/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback

very good she is my baby and does what i want her to do and when no delay and it is still in a standard condition no modifications

Great LITTLE sports car
By Shawn Davis on 08/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Coupe

I bought this car using the autotrader website with 74k on it in March of '02. 2 . years later no problems.The arries the legendary and very reliable 2.2L I-4 used in the Camrys. This engine in this little sports car really gets it moving through all the gears which shift smoothly with the hydrolic clutch. It has a very solid highway feel and cornering is a dream. The variable- assist power steering gives it a solid feel when cruising country roads. The car sits very low and is not designed for anyone over 5'10", especially with the sunroof. The controls are easily reachable.

Great Car!
By WilliamIII on 05/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Coupe

What an awsome car! Unbelieveable handling and excellent speed off the get go. I suggest a manual transmission, because driving this car is the relief from my day!

Love at first sight
By Anda Passat on 05/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback

Bought used w/9000 miles in '93 - two previous female owners. Driven daily for 9 years. A/C replaced on Toyota's nickel at about 60,000 mi. 2 Batteries, 8 tires, fluids, 3 lights, 2 power antennas (drat$!) - that's all I replaced! Never owned manual before - car reads my mind when shifting. Kudos to the engineers who designed it and the people who built it. Super solid, extremely reliable, got 123,000 probably another 90 to 120 thousand more to go.

I love my cel!
By Ele on 04/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Toyota Celica ST 2dr Coupe

Great gas mileage, easy to drive