Used 1992 Toyota Celica Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1992 Toyota Celica - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Celica model:

No Payments
By Robert Rodriguez

1992 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Convertible

I am happy with my 1992 Toyota Celica Convertible. The car runs like a champ at 180000 miles with no major problems. In addition, the seats are extremely comfortable when doing long trips.

My favorite features are great gas millage, handling, body shape, seats, and the automatic retractable lights.

It's a 1992 and the car is discontinued, no complaints here.

'92 GT 'vert
By rsd

1992 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Convertible

Bought my convertible a little over 2 years ago, and it's needed nothing but regular routine maintenance (previous owner took great care of it - front struts, axles, tie rods, brakes were replaced before I bought it, and I don't drive it all that far in daily driving). The convertible is perfect for east Tennessee (south of Knoxville) as I can drop the top about 10 months out of 12. :) The only thing I'm looking at as being a major $$$ project is having the top either repaired or replaced - the car was "converted" in May of '92, and it's the original top... there are a couple of seams where the threads are starting to fray, but no leaks yet, thankfully. Only regret is the automatic tranny.

Body is gorgeous (Toyota Super White paint holds up well over time), it has 4 wheel disc brakes, and it has an upgraded audio system. My biggest gripe is the auto tranny, but handling is great for a fwd car. One of my favorite things was adding clear turn signal and corner lenses.

The only improvement might be more power (the AllTracs were nice, with the turbo, and awd). And, it's a moot point, beings that the car is 15 years old, and Toyota no longer even produces the Celica line. :(

Celestial
By Kasey

1992 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback

Great car. 30 mpg on the highway and very reliable. Although I haven't owned my car for all that long I've known people that have. It's very sporty looking and a great sound system comes stock with it.

I love the new curviness of the fifth generation Celica and all of the extras that come with it like the power moonroof, locks, windows and so on.

Although the car looks like it has a lot of power, an improvement that could be made is the engine size. Also little things like the back seat size or the positioning of the cupholders with a stick.

Best Overall Sport Coupe I've Seen!
By trd-celi-guy

1992 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Coupe

I have now owned my 1992 Celica GT for 5 months. It has 210,000 miles on it and shows no signs of slowing down. I had the timing belt replaced as a precaution and performed a tune up when I first bought the car. No other work has been neccessary on the car except for several oil changes. I like to baby this car and have made several modifications but none of it was neccessary. These cars are known for their great handling, fuel economy and reliability. They also have good low end torque and acceleration. 135 HP and 145 Torque is stock specs. Toyota has found an excellent combination of performance, reliability, practicality, styling and cost with the Celica.

Gas mileage, low end torque, looks and manual transmission.

Cup holders are in a poor location that complicate shifting.

Me likey....
By whitevert

1992 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Convertible

Have only owned it for half a year, but car has been great - east tennessee is perfect vert state ;)

vert top, obviously

The only improvement I would wish for on mine is the 5-speed instead of ECT automatic... but not a biggie, engine is kinda torquey :)