Used 1992 Toyota Celica Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1992 Toyota Celica Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Celica model:

Best Car Ever
By Dawn

1992 Toyota Celica Coupe GT 2dr Coupe

I've been driving this car for over two years now and it is still going strong with over 291K miles. I probably put in about $500 altogether in repairs within the past two years. It's a VERY reliable car. Just a little slippery in the snow. I would recommend a Toyota to Anyone!

Reliability, cheap to fix, durability

Best little car ever.
By PennyWinkle

1992 Toyota Celica Coupe ST 2dr Coupe

Bought this car in 1997 only had it in the shop once for a new timing belt. Over three hundred thousand miles and it still runs great.

cute and reliable.

Cup holder could have been put somewhere else.

Best Overall Sport Coupe I've Seen!
By trd-celi-guy

1992 Toyota Celica Coupe GT 2dr Coupe

I have now owned my 1992 Celica GT for 5 months. It has 210,000 miles on it and shows no signs of slowing down. I had the timing belt replaced as a precaution and performed a tune up when I first bought the car. No other work has been neccessary on the car except for several oil changes. I like to baby this car and have made several modifications but none of it was neccessary. These cars are known for their great handling, fuel economy and reliability. They also have good low end torque and acceleration. 135 HP and 145 Torque is stock specs. Toyota has found an excellent combination of performance, reliability, practicality, styling and cost with the Celica.

Gas mileage, low end torque, looks and manual transmission.

Cup holders are in a poor location that complicate shifting.

Great vehicle
By celica racer 05

1992 Toyota Celica Coupe GT 2dr Coupe

This car has provided me with a great first car experience and I totally love this car. It has lots of power to it and is comfotable to drive. However it is a little bit noisy, meaning road noise. But overall I would recommend this car to anybody. Toyotas are very reliable.

My favorite feature is the smallness of the car. It handles awesome and just fun to drive.

The only improvement I would say that this car needs would be maybe a little more power. Maybe 150 -175 hp. But even that isn't a must.

Great LITTLE sports car
By Shawn Davis

1992 Toyota Celica Coupe GT 2dr Coupe

I bought this car using the autotrader website with 74k on it in March of '02. 2 . years later no problems.The arries the legendary and very reliable 2.2L I-4 used in the Camrys. This engine in this little sports car really gets it moving through all the gears which shift smoothly with the hydrolic clutch. It has a very solid highway feel and cornering is a dream. The variable- assist power steering gives it a solid feel when cruising country roads. The car sits very low and is not designed for anyone over 5'10", especially with the sunroof. The controls are easily reachable.

Great reliability, Body style, Performance, Power sunroof slides into body and not over it like on domestics

Better cup holder position, Backseats not designed for anyone over 4ft. Better and more reliable door seals. Cup in cup holder blocks radio and makes it very difficult to shift into 1 and 3 gears