1992 Toyota Celica Convertible - Consumer Reviews

GT 2.2L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual - (5 reviews )
A great ride
By BillG on 09/16/08 18:01 PM (PDT)

1992 Toyota Celica Convertible GT 2dr Convertible

This is a fun, reliable, economical car. It has good performance, excellent braking, handling and outstanding Toyota reliability. I love this car and am planning to keep it forever :) This is my fun car and I keep it in the garage and don't drive it when the weather is bad. It is my baby and I keep it in great shape. A little red convertible.

No Payments
By Robert Rodriguez on 05/09/08 14:34 PM (PDT)

1992 Toyota Celica Convertible GT 2dr Convertible

I am happy with my 1992 Toyota Celica Convertible. The car runs like a champ at 180000 miles with no major problems. In addition, the seats are extremely comfortable when doing long trips.

'92 GT 'vert
By rsd on 07/26/07 10:32 AM (PDT)

1992 Toyota Celica Convertible GT 2dr Convertible

Bought my convertible a little over 2 years ago, and it's needed nothing but regular routine maintenance (previous owner took great care of it - front struts, axles, tie rods, brakes were replaced before I bought it, and I don't drive it all that far in daily driving). The convertible is perfect for east Tennessee (south of Knoxville) as I can drop the top about 10 months out of 12. :) The only thing I'm looking at as being a major $$$ project is having the top either repaired or replaced - the car was "converted" in May of '92, and it's the original top... there are a couple of seams where the threads are starting to fray, but no leaks yet, thankfully. Only regret is the automatic tranny.

Me likey....
By whitevert on 10/25/06 16:01 PM (PDT)

1992 Toyota Celica Convertible GT 2dr Convertible

Have only owned it for half a year, but car has been great - east tennessee is perfect vert state ;)

drive it till it drops
By jeffbeal on 07/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Toyota Celica Convertible GT 2dr Convertible

very reliable, only unexpected probelme was alternator failure at about 75k. some quirky problems, i.e. piston that operates roof sprung a leak. Mostly minor or midde level routine maintenace (replace wheel bearings, muffler, ect) have 196k on car and will drive it till it dies. Take care of car and it takes care of you. Annoying problem is vinyl roof which looses clarity and shape creates real blind spots. PS radio lights failed. to expensive to figure out why