1992 Toyota Celica - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Celica model:
Great Car
By silent cal on 06/21/09 18:40 PM (PDT)

1992 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback

I have had this automobile for eight years now, and it is an excellent car. I have had very few mechanical problems with it considering it now is 16 years old with 168 k miles. The major parts on the car are still running strong, even though this automobile was totaled in a flood (I found this out a few years after I bought it) (clutch, starter, radiator, battery, brakes, temperature fan switch, alternator, timing belt have all been replaced over the eight years I have owned it). All the parts replaced well outlived themselves. I feel confident this car could easily go over 250,000 miles with proper maintenance.

Celestial
By Kasey on 12/27/06 19:43 PM (PST)

1992 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback

Great car. 30 mpg on the highway and very reliable. Although I haven't owned my car for all that long I've known people that have. It's very sporty looking and a great sound system comes stock with it.

Great car. Fun to drive, very reliable
By JohnMarks on 04/28/05 17:49 PM (PDT)

1992 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback

I have owned this car for 12 years and I have had no major mechanical issues. The air conditioning has started to weaken and the tires are pretty expensive to replace. The car is a bit slow off the line but handles quite well. I have had some success with it on the track due to its handling capabilities.

The Greatest Car I Never Wanted
By aviatorboi on 03/22/05 01:29 AM (PST)

1992 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback

My parents got me this car as a graduation gift. At first, I really didn't want it, but it has grown on me so much, that I fear I will never get rid of it. This car is just fun to drive. It is VERY solid and is made out of strong metal parts (which accounts for its weight). After 13 years ther are no squeaks or rattles. No doubt the car is sporty, fun and safe. Also I have only ever replaced the Alternator and light bulbs since I have owned it.

Best car I've ever owned
By arthur15 on 01/31/05 21:39 PM (PST)

1992 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback

This is the perfect car for those without kids. Still drives like it's brand new. Looks better than most new coupes as well. A timeless car. Amazing engine for a very light car. Can't go wrong with a used Celica.

good
By Esscobar on 08/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback

very good she is my baby and does what i want her to do and when no delay and it is still in a standard condition no modifications

Love at first sight
By Anda Passat on 05/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback

Bought used w/9000 miles in '93 - two previous female owners. Driven daily for 9 years. A/C replaced on Toyota's nickel at about 60,000 mi. 2 Batteries, 8 tires, fluids, 3 lights, 2 power antennas (drat$!) - that's all I replaced! Never owned manual before - car reads my mind when shifting. Kudos to the engineers who designed it and the people who built it. Super solid, extremely reliable, got 123,000 probably another 90 to 120 thousand more to go.

1992 Toyota GT review by RJW
By RJW on 02/15/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback

I have had a vast range of automobiles from SAABS, Jaguar, Benz, BMW, plus, loads of American cars. This Celica GT ceases to amaze me as how well it is build. GREAT suspension...solid car...feels like a Benz. Fast yet great gas mileage. Never had to replace anything other than convert the air conditioning system over. VERY reliable car. Even bets out my BMW...325i for reliability. Fun to drive. With the right tires...it loves is incrediable in the curves. Wish a few US companies would build them like this. 12 years old and going STRONG.

1992 Toyota Celica GT Hatchback
By toasm on 09/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback

Fun to drive car with 193,000. Orginal parts and engine. Will run for a liftime. A fantastic car to own.

find one that was loved
By qba on 05/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback

First, she is incredibly reliable and durable. Few cars hold together this well mechanically and cosmetically after 150,000 miles and 10 years of duty. Second, she is a joy to drive. At work I drive brand new cars all day and I still look forward to the drive home in my Celica. That says a lot. Finally, cost of ownership is very low. Unlike my first car (80'bmw 320i) parts are easy to find and I can get service done almost anywhere. Take your time and find one that was well taken care of and your reward will be a fun-to-drive, dependable car.