1992 Toyota Celica - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Celica model:
Best Car Ever
By Dawn on 09/30/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Coupe

I've been driving this car for over two years now and it is still going strong with over 291K miles. I probably put in about $500 altogether in repairs within the past two years. It's a VERY reliable car. Just a little slippery in the snow. I would recommend a Toyota to Anyone!

Best Overall Sport Coupe I've Seen!
By trd-celi-guy on 11/26/06 18:51 PM (PST)

1992 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Coupe

I have now owned my 1992 Celica GT for 5 months. It has 210,000 miles on it and shows no signs of slowing down. I had the timing belt replaced as a precaution and performed a tune up when I first bought the car. No other work has been neccessary on the car except for several oil changes. I like to baby this car and have made several modifications but none of it was neccessary. These cars are known for their great handling, fuel economy and reliability. They also have good low end torque and acceleration. 135 HP and 145 Torque is stock specs. Toyota has found an excellent combination of performance, reliability, practicality, styling and cost with the Celica.

Great vehicle
By celica racer 05 on 07/07/06 11:57 AM (PDT)

1992 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Coupe

This car has provided me with a great first car experience and I totally love this car. It has lots of power to it and is comfotable to drive. However it is a little bit noisy, meaning road noise. But overall I would recommend this car to anybody. Toyotas are very reliable.

Great LITTLE sports car
By Shawn Davis on 08/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Coupe

I bought this car using the autotrader website with 74k on it in March of '02. 2 . years later no problems.The arries the legendary and very reliable 2.2L I-4 used in the Camrys. This engine in this little sports car really gets it moving through all the gears which shift smoothly with the hydrolic clutch. It has a very solid highway feel and cornering is a dream. The variable- assist power steering gives it a solid feel when cruising country roads. The car sits very low and is not designed for anyone over 5'10", especially with the sunroof. The controls are easily reachable.

Great Car!
By WilliamIII on 05/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Coupe

What an awsome car! Unbelieveable handling and excellent speed off the get go. I suggest a manual transmission, because driving this car is the relief from my day!

Worth Every Penny
By Muss287 on 01/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Coupe

Purchased new; Have kept up on all maintenance and only 2 problems in 11 years: approx 1995 AC recall (covered by Toyota) and the mechanism in trunk which allows it to remain in the open position broke (@ 110,000mi) The result was $1,100 in repair costs because it caused the hinge to break and it bent the frame of the trunk itself. Otherwise, GREAT CAR! I commute over 50 mi/day and am completely confident in this vehichle.

awesome
By c3leca on 12/03/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Coupe

toyota cars are awesome and the celica is no exception. It is a powerful sporty, "honda Killin" machine.

EXpO RACing
By Mista Lazy on 08/03/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

i Like da Way It Runz.. Nice Speed Confortable