1992 Toyota Celica - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Celica model:
Oh what a feeling
By stereotuber on 10/07/14 14:08 PM (PDT)

1992 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback

I bought this car used from original owner. Now has 183k. Repairs have been normal (for a Toyota), far less repair than other cars I have owned. Painting was the biggest cost (or investment). About $7500 plus car rental while painting. It was a Factory Original Standard job- the kind that will last 16 years, like the original paint. Ya get what ya pay for- and it looks like new. Inside is holding up great. I use Armor all regularly for cleaning / protecting. Use Michelin Pilot all season radials, very important. Sold new for 17,500, paid 9,500, 73k mi. in 1997. Replaced clutch & slave, radiator, water pump, A/C converted to new standard, bearings, a few bulbs.

Best Car Ever
By Dawn on 09/30/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Coupe

I've been driving this car for over two years now and it is still going strong with over 291K miles. I probably put in about $500 altogether in repairs within the past two years. It's a VERY reliable car. Just a little slippery in the snow. I would recommend a Toyota to Anyone!

Great Car
By silent cal on 06/21/09 18:40 PM (PDT)

1992 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback

I have had this automobile for eight years now, and it is an excellent car. I have had very few mechanical problems with it considering it now is 16 years old with 168 k miles. The major parts on the car are still running strong, even though this automobile was totaled in a flood (I found this out a few years after I bought it) (clutch, starter, radiator, battery, brakes, temperature fan switch, alternator, timing belt have all been replaced over the eight years I have owned it). All the parts replaced well outlived themselves. I feel confident this car could easily go over 250,000 miles with proper maintenance.

Best little car ever.
By PennyWinkle on 02/07/09 13:19 PM (PST)

1992 Toyota Celica ST 2dr Coupe

Bought this car in 1997 only had it in the shop once for a new timing belt. Over three hundred thousand miles and it still runs great.

A great ride
By BillG on 09/16/08 18:01 PM (PDT)

1992 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Convertible

This is a fun, reliable, economical car. It has good performance, excellent braking, handling and outstanding Toyota reliability. I love this car and am planning to keep it forever :) This is my fun car and I keep it in the garage and don't drive it when the weather is bad. It is my baby and I keep it in great shape. A little red convertible.

No Payments
By Robert Rodriguez on 05/09/08 14:34 PM (PDT)

1992 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Convertible

I am happy with my 1992 Toyota Celica Convertible. The car runs like a champ at 180000 miles with no major problems. In addition, the seats are extremely comfortable when doing long trips.

'92 GT 'vert
By rsd on 07/26/07 10:32 AM (PDT)

1992 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Convertible

Bought my convertible a little over 2 years ago, and it's needed nothing but regular routine maintenance (previous owner took great care of it - front struts, axles, tie rods, brakes were replaced before I bought it, and I don't drive it all that far in daily driving). The convertible is perfect for east Tennessee (south of Knoxville) as I can drop the top about 10 months out of 12. :) The only thing I'm looking at as being a major $$$ project is having the top either repaired or replaced - the car was "converted" in May of '92, and it's the original top... there are a couple of seams where the threads are starting to fray, but no leaks yet, thankfully. Only regret is the automatic tranny.

Celestial
By Kasey on 12/27/06 19:43 PM (PST)

1992 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback

Great car. 30 mpg on the highway and very reliable. Although I haven't owned my car for all that long I've known people that have. It's very sporty looking and a great sound system comes stock with it.

Best Overall Sport Coupe I've Seen!
By trd-celi-guy on 11/26/06 18:51 PM (PST)

1992 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Coupe

I have now owned my 1992 Celica GT for 5 months. It has 210,000 miles on it and shows no signs of slowing down. I had the timing belt replaced as a precaution and performed a tune up when I first bought the car. No other work has been neccessary on the car except for several oil changes. I like to baby this car and have made several modifications but none of it was neccessary. These cars are known for their great handling, fuel economy and reliability. They also have good low end torque and acceleration. 135 HP and 145 Torque is stock specs. Toyota has found an excellent combination of performance, reliability, practicality, styling and cost with the Celica.

Me likey....
By whitevert on 10/25/06 16:01 PM (PDT)

1992 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Convertible

Have only owned it for half a year, but car has been great - east tennessee is perfect vert state ;)