1991 Toyota Celica Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Celica model:
Love this car!
By Jackson on 06/04/05 02:13 AM (PDT)

1991 Toyota Celica Coupe GT 2dr Coupe

This car is incredible. I bought it from my aunt as my first car and she's given me no trouble at all (the car not my aunt). Gotta love the 5 speed and she's got some decent speed and great handling. 188,000 miles and still runnin strong. Minor flaws such as a cupholder that gets in the way of shifting and a crappy electric radio antenna. But nothing we can't live without. I love her dearly.

Great Car
By Ryan M. on 03/27/05 18:43 PM (PST)

1991 Toyota Celica Coupe GT 2dr Coupe

While it's technically a "sports car", it's not really that fast when compared to modern day cars of the same class. However, it has got to be one of the most beautiful cars I have ever seen and certainly looks speedy. Despite it's near perfect exterior design, the interior often feels cramped and the backseat is pretty much useless. Definitely a great car to own. It's wonderful handling capabilities make it a really easy car to control and is perfect for new drivers.

Most RELIABLE car ever!
By Shannon on 12/13/04 22:57 PM (PST)

1991 Toyota Celica Coupe ST 2dr Coupe

This car has been with me for almost 12 years. I've kept this car around for a backup for the past 7 years because nothing compairs to its reliability. At 249,000 miles, I've only had to replace the exhaust manifold. My wife and I believe in Toyota cars, I now own a 03 Tacoma Prerunner and she drives an 03 Camery XLE.

Best car I've ever owned
By SunsetSunshine on 09/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Toyota Celica Coupe ST 2dr Coupe

Nearly 200K miles and it has never failed me! Never less than 30mpg, often near 40. Handles well and is very comfortable for a sporty car on long trips.

Celica 1991
By middlre on 08/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Toyota Celica Coupe ST 2dr Coupe

It is a good vehicle, while not as durable as the camry, as a sports car, it performs excellently. It has NEVER put me on the side of the road. With frequent oil changes and scheduled maintenance, I have found the car to be dependable. Starts with the first turn of the key. Has had 2 engines, but no other problems encountered. What can one expect at over 370,000 miles to this cars history. Has the same muffler, transmission, AC, systems. Drives well!

Drive till I Die
By Malory on 05/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Toyota Celica Coupe ST 2dr Coupe

This in an incredibly reliable and fun to drive vehicle. Mine has over 135,000 miles on it and keeps going and going. I dont think I'll ever have the heart to sell it, If you hear me sell it, PINCH ME!!. It's real fun to drive and incredibly dependable. I really like the styling, although people say it's kind of girlie. My very first car and I dont think I'll ever part with it.

Excellent automobile
By prassi on 02/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Toyota Celica Coupe GT 2dr Coupe

145000 miles and still has a lot to go.Very well engineered car, other than one set of brake pads everything else in the car is the original ones put in the factory when assembled. Excellent performance, reliability and economy.

this car needs no attention
By californian on 01/31/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Toyota Celica Coupe ST 2dr Coupe

I bought this little white car at 143k miles, put 50k miles in 2 years and have only replaced 2 things in it..the alternator and the water pump. It just keeps going and going..

1991 Toyota Celica STX
By aca in dallas on 06/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Toyota Celica Coupe ST 2dr Coupe

Best car I have ever owned...or driven for that matter. I have searched for a newer car several times and can find absolutely nothing made as well as my Celica. Only paid $6900 for it when it was 5 years old. I have never done any major repair to this car. At the time I purchased it there were 69K miles on it. There are now almost 183K. I have replaced the brakes once and bought a new distributor cap. Less than $500 work total. A beautiful, reliable, affordable and efficient car to own!!!