1991 Toyota Celica Coupe 2.2L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual Consumer Reviews

1991 Toyota Celica - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Celica model:

1991 Celica Consumer Reviews

Date Most Helpful Highest Rating Lowest Rating
Excellent vehicle
By Brett

1991 Toyota Celica Coupe GT 2dr Coupe

This was my first car, which I bought in 1994 with 81,000 miles. I drove the car until 2005 with 232,000 miles. The vehicle is truly remarkable. The car never had a drivetrain issue, and handles and rides very well. I always felt comfortable and in complete contol behind the wheel. The car has excellent design matched with great overall quality. I have yet to find a suitable replacement. Highly recommended.

Favorite Features

The overall build quality coupled with great interior ergonomics and understated appearence. Ride comfort, handling performance, strong brakes, reliability and stereo performance.

Suggested Improvements

The mechanized antenna eventually failed, as well as the trunk door hinges. The CV joints needed frequent replacement.

Wonderful car
By josey

1991 Toyota Celica Coupe GT 2dr Coupe

At 235,000 miles my car is still going strong. I have replaced the clutch and a few new sets of tires and regular oil changes and it still runs like new.. I would buy a new one in a minute and my husband and i are already thinking about it.. Very well thought out car.. Yes they may be a little more expensive than some cars but you always get what you pay for...

Favorite Features

keeps on going

Suggested Improvements

Nothing

Love this car!
By Jackson

1991 Toyota Celica Coupe GT 2dr Coupe

This car is incredible. I bought it from my aunt as my first car and she's given me no trouble at all (the car not my aunt). Gotta love the 5 speed and she's got some decent speed and great handling. 188,000 miles and still runnin strong. Minor flaws such as a cupholder that gets in the way of shifting and a crappy electric radio antenna. But nothing we can't live without. I love her dearly.

Favorite Features

Fun 5 Speed, good trunk room, all around great car

Suggested Improvements

Better cupholders, more backseat room, better antenna

Great Car
By Ryan M.

1991 Toyota Celica Coupe GT 2dr Coupe

While it's technically a "sports car", it's not really that fast when compared to modern day cars of the same class. However, it has got to be one of the most beautiful cars I have ever seen and certainly looks speedy. Despite it's near perfect exterior design, the interior often feels cramped and the backseat is pretty much useless. Definitely a great car to own. It's wonderful handling capabilities make it a really easy car to control and is perfect for new drivers.

Favorite Features

It's sleek and aerodynamic exterior was certainly a design that managed to pass the test of time with flying colors. It is easilly one of the best modeled cars of the 90's.

Suggested Improvements

The interior was obviously not made for larger people. The backseat is barely able to serve its purpose and functions better as an extension to the trunk. The front however fits like a glove, but could easilly still cramp other drivers.

Excellent automobile
By prassi

1991 Toyota Celica Coupe GT 2dr Coupe

145000 miles and still has a lot to go.Very well engineered car, other than one set of brake pads everything else in the car is the original ones put in the factory when assembled. Excellent performance, reliability and economy.

Suggested Improvements

Nothing.