1991 Toyota Celica - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Celica model:
cheaper to keep her
By celica91 on 01/27/13 21:33 PM (PST)

1991 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback

my celica has 170500 on the engine now and keeps on running, it's like the timex watch, she takes a licking and keeps on ticking. parts are cheap and plentiful, I can get all the parts I need to restore the car, it never let down so I am going to restore the car with performance and style.

My Celica GT
By mark on 09/02/08 21:57 PM (PDT)

1991 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback

I have owned this car for 17 years now. It has been very reliable but I think this car needs a more powerful motor. I have 2.2 liter and engine performance is very weak. It has the 5 speed and it takes about 12 seconds to get up to 60 mph. Gas mileage is only 13 miles city and 15 highway it now has 206,786 miles and it's still running good. I also have a Nissan 240sx 1993 with a 2.4 liter motor and this car makes the Celica look like its standing still.

Love My Toy
By cathy garrison on 04/06/06 20:42 PM (PDT)

1991 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback

Have always kept up the mechanical repair of this vehicle since purchase. Used official Toyota dealers for years until, just recently, when I found a local very knowledgeable repair clinic. Have replaced the radiator (with a larger one), water pump, clutch, brakes, radio, egr temp sensor, egr modulator valve, oil pressure switch along with regular oil changes. Had freon added to air conditioner system but only lasted 2 months. Probably need to replace compressor. Oil leak that engine will have to be dropped to fix. Check oil often. Paint fading and peeling very fast lately. Interior wore very well. Looks pretty good if cleaned often. Recommend a Toyota to all. Thank You

91 toyota celica
By jv0177 on 04/09/05 23:41 PM (PDT)

1991 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback

this car is a great balance between fuel economy and performance. in these time of rising fuel prices and performance desired this is a perfect fit. I drive it relatively hard and still get 27+ MPG. want to trade it in for a four door corolla or ech, but it has been too good to my wife and I to get rid of it!

best car ever
By PARTSGURL on 11/26/04 13:02 PM (PST)

1991 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback

we have had this car for just over 5 years now, and with over 700,000km on it still runs like new it's the 2.2 5spd version with the 5sfegt engine in it have heard rumours the 3gte engine is better but this special edition has alot of power. i've never had a problem keeping up to or passing anyone or beating them off the line and it's an old car...

With 305,000 miles -it's going strong!
By jgaston on 08/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback

This little white car just won't quit although it has lost its a/c, power steering and sun roof. When I think about buying a new Toyota (recently), it performs better! I commuted 110 miles a day for 6 years and now it's getting a deserved rest with my new local job. Bought it new in Dec 1990. Can't say enough about my little friend - just hate to part with it and may never! Should be bronzed and placed in the dealership window!