1990 Toyota Celica Consumer Review: The little 2.2 that could

1990 Toyota Celica - Consumer Review

The little 2.2 that could
By willgts1990 on

1990 Toyota Celica GT-S 2dr Hatchback

So, I got my 1990 celica hatch gt-s as pretty much my first car. I bought it with about 160,000 on it and let me tell you, It was very obvious the prior owner beat the tar out of the poor thing. It had been in a bad accident and was wayy over due for a full tune up and some additional TLC. Luckily after doing a tune up, the thing ran like a top and has ever since with now with having about 100,000 more on it. I cant stand when people say it doesn't have enough power. IT WASN'T SUPPOSED TO! That's why toyota split the once joined name celica and supra. Supra was supposed to lead the perfomance while celica was supposed to be the fun to drive sports car with a gas saver camry engine!

I gotta say I love the ahead of its time design and interior comfort. Driving wise, again no its not the most powerful, but you sure feel like your going pretty fast, especially once you hit 4 grand on the rpm gauge. It is such a bang for your buck. THat 5s-fe engine (2.2 liter) is the orignal engine in it with 260,000 and only had to replace a couple of gaskets but no major work has had to be done. I highly recommend getting this car if you want a first car, or summer car, or if you want the power, get the turbo charged all wheel drive All-Trac! :)

Not much to critique.. The shifter for the manual trans is a little too long, could of used a bit bigger sway bar front and rear, body roll being the issue on tighter corners. Other than that super awesome car!!!!!