Best car I've ever owned.
By m8x425 on
1990 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Coupe
I have put over 100k miles on my Celica, it now has 220/k miles. This is the most durable car I've ever owned, an absolute value. The engine is showing little signs of being tired. I'm still getting 32 mpg highway if not more. I was an American car nut until I did some research on cheap used cars. This Celica had very little wear and was a good price. I can't believe I bought a car for $3k, that I've driven for over 100k miles. If you can buy a 1990-98 Celica w/ around 100k miles, that's in good shape for $3k, do it. You can probably get 150k miles out of the car.
Favorite Features
The 2.2L auto Celica is pretty powerful for a 4cyl. I don't have too much trouble passing cars, unless the person steps on the gas. Going up hills isn't too bad. The car does okay in the snow if you have studded tires. It does well around curves. It's a very good highway car.
Suggested Improvements
The car had trouble with the MAP sensor. If you have a sensor problem with this car, take it to a Toyota dealership. Do not take it to a gas station mechanic. The A/C in my Celica has never worked.