1990 Toyota Celica - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Celica model:
GT-Four
By raven@ubrf on 02/09/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Toyota Celica All-Trac 2dr Hatchback AWD

When I saw an All trac for sale, I was all over it. This car is a beaut, and as rare as it is, many people often stare at it wondering if she was modified to look like it. The seats are comfortable and supportive, and the interior is fairly laid out. The only problem that i have had with this car is that its starting to rust out from Buffalo's salt. This car is recommended for a good cruise, but she is not a stoplight to stoplight winner. The rarity of this car will cause some headaches at the dealership time to time, but I would definitely purchase another one if i could!

Fabulous Car
By P.L. on 01/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback

I don't want to give this car up...I have loved driving it since the 1st day I bought it. It has always been reliable, very few repairs which were minor things. I plan to purchase 2003 and pass this 1990 model to someone who will continue driving it. This car was not styled for rear seat passenger comfort....very hard to exit back seat.

Fun and Reliable
By DO2 on 12/13/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Coupe

I know Toyota stands for reliable, but I didnt know it's going to be this good. Bought my celica in 1998 when I was still in college. Besides changing the brake pads, I never have any problems with it. Not a single time it died on me. Everything works just the same as the day I bought this car. Fun to drive and has great mileage. And surprisingly quite fast. Now I've been working for 3 years and thinking of buying a new car. I dont know if I will have the kind of luxury my celica has been giving me. Luxury of just spending not more than $100 a year for its maintenance.

Awesome little car!
By Hotrod on 10/05/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback

Even before I was old enough to drive I had decided I wanted this car. It's an automatic, but I've driven the same car in a 5-speed and there is no lack in power with the auto. The acceleration is awesome and it handles like a dream. I've never had a problem with it, only maintenance.

My Little GT Celica
By ToyotaSA-54 on 09/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Coupe

I have always liked the look of this car, finally bought one, I like it more now.

Potential
By aam on 09/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Toyota Celica All-Trac 2dr Hatchback AWD

I bought this car a couple of years ago thinking "cool, a turbo charged all- wheel drive celica", not realizing that only 400 were imported into the U.S. in 1990. This car has been the most solid and well built car i've driven to date (i've owned a porsche and have driven other "nice" cars as well). No major problems have occured, and the engine has 130k miles on it.

The Celica is the best car
By Bob Schwartz on 07/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Toyota Celica GT-S 2dr Hatchback

I love the celica. It is a lot of fun to drive, and the design and performance add up to make all my friends jealous.

Celica GT Coupe 2 doors
By joemin on 06/01/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Coupe

A very trustworthy car. In the 12 years since I bought it, only typical maintainance had to be performed (brakes, oil, etc). It is a lot of fun to drive too. The 2.2L engine easily roars to life. Until I got used to the quietness, the biggest problem I had was to stay within legal speed limits. This car _loves_ to go fast. The power sun roof is wonderfully designed: by raising the back side only, it provides for great ventilation without a lot of highway noise. And when the sun roof is fully opened, it allows for a wonderful evening drive under the stars.

Fun and reliable
By redemma on 05/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Coupe

The Celica GT should be driven with a 5- speed (any car, really) to get the most out of it. The car has been very reliable and I am pleased it is still (now 192,000 miles) running strong considering it is a sporty coupe with manual gearbox. Interior space sucks and gets annoying after awhile. I had many problems with the a/c which never really worked. The engine is solid. Also, the car tends to hydroplane more than others. Overall, a fun car if maybe now outdated in performance. It still looks good though.

great sexy coupe
By hotjewels on 05/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Coupe

I am 21 yrs old and have had this car since i was 17. the car never gave me one problem. iis very fast, picks up quick and is nicely sport styled. my mileage is over 160 now and the car is like new