Used 1990 Toyota Celica Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1990 Toyota Celica - Consumer Reviews

1990 Toyota Celica

View reviews for a specific Celica model:

1990 Toyota Celica
By 90celicagts

1990 Toyota Celica GT-S 2dr Hatchback

The 1990 Celica GT-S is fairly fun to drive. The instruments and dashboard were nicely designed as it makes you feel very comfortable being in. The only downside to the car is the fact that the US DOT, instead of giving the GTS the power it should have had for a sports car, gave it only 130 HP using the same engine as the Camry. Unlike in Japan and other countries the GTS also known as the GT-I(R) had 160HP. Other than that everything else of the car is fine. On another note if you are looking to increase power out of the 5SFE engine in the GTS you wont find any parts for the GTS, although the GT does use the 5SFE as well the GT and CAMRY has more parts than the GTS.

Favorite Features

My favorite feature of the car is the EXTERIOR design and Interior design. Toyota did an excellent job of designing both the inside and outside of the car as it keeps making you look at the car and say "wow nice car!"

Suggested Improvements

As I stated earlier we all expect more power out of a sport car. With only 130HP and 140LBS of Torque the car can't even compete with 1990 Nissan 240SX 140HP 152LBS Torque with about the same power band. As I said earlier a sports car desevers more POWER.

Mucho FUN!!
By CrazyCatChick

1990 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Coupe

I just purchased this car 2 days ago, and I adore it! I have wanted this car since they first came out in 1990, but stuck with SUV types instead. The one I bought is loaded with miles, but you would never know it to look at it, or drive. I drove 600 miles from where I purchased it, and it handled beautifully. Great mileage, super handling, and still gets looks on the road :) This is going to be a great second car, even though I just bought a new Hummer H3. Don't know which vehicle I'm more excited with! lol

Favorite Features

Exterior is such that, even though it is 15 years old, it looks like it could be a car that might be an '03 - '05. Very, very trendy style, that doesn't seem to want to go out of style. Interior is well designed for a 90's style.

Suggested Improvements

Cupholder. Bad placement. Other than that, and my only having had it for 2 days, that's it!!

Great little car
By Cavan.B

1990 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback

A fun car that is extremely reliable. Only had to replace power steering hose (a common problem, apparently). It is fun to drive, but not a burner. Very manuverable and quick; fits in tight places. The overall design is ahead of its time, especially the interior with the climate controls on the instrument hood. The space is tight but comfortable, and the hatch has a lot of room.

Favorite Features

Design, fun to drive, and reliability.

Suggested Improvements

Better mileage (needs a sixth gear or taller gearbox), back seats are useless unless you're 4 feet with no legs, and the cupholders suck.

HAHAHA !!! I have One
By louis-p

1990 Toyota Celica All-Trac 2dr Hatchback AWD

!!!!VERY NICE LOOK !!!! Performance not good: o-60 = 7.4 sec very good in winter.

Favorite Features

Turbo Awd !!!

Suggested Improvements

Need more power !!!! or better fuel economy

Celica Review
By JeffPe

1990 Toyota Celica GT-S 2dr Hatchback

Great reliable car. 14 years old and still rust-free!!!

Favorite Features

Body style, Reliable, Good miliege.

Suggested Improvements

A/C, More power, alternator.