Used 1990 Toyota Celica Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1990 Toyota Celica - Consumer Reviews

1990 Toyota Celica Coupe

View reviews for a specific Celica model:

Ok car
By MainOne

1990 Toyota Celica Coupe ST 2dr Coupe

This vehicle is fun to drive on ocasions, but cramped cargo go room is a problem. Repairs are costly, but overall the repairs are worth top pay for due to the car's reliablity.

Favorite Features

the fuel economy is excellent, along with the style of body of the car.

Suggested Improvements

More cargo room for driver and passenger along with more comfortable seats.

Fun and Reliable
By TRX

1990 Toyota Celica Coupe GT 2dr Coupe

I've had this car for the past 4 years and it's been a great car. I've only had to repair 3 things on this car (alternator, starter, and power steering hose). I've always had fun driving this car. With decent tires it handles and rides great for it's age. It doesn't have true sports car performance but plenty of power for most people. I liked the car so much I bought a '02 Celica GT-S.

Favorite Features

The interior styling and quality is top notch. Some things are better than my '02 Celica. It looks great for it's age, doesn't have the old car look. Also rides and handles well (seats are more confortable than new Celica's).

Suggested Improvements

Too late to imporove anything now.

Love it love it love it
By Maya356

1990 Toyota Celica Coupe GT 2dr Coupe

This is my first car and I bought it after it was already 13 years old and had 107000 miles. Everyone is jealous of what good condition it is in, considering its age and the price I got it for. Also my first stick shift, but you need a standard transmission to make full use of this car, which loves to go fast. The gears are very versatile- I abused this thing while learning, but it was very good to me. It'll start out of third with barely a hesitation if you accidentally tell it to.

Favorite Features

I love that it has so much power; the engine is huge. The inside is comfortable, although it might not be for anyone who isn't as short as I am. Gas mileage is EXCELLENT, and I also like the swoopy design and flip-up lights- this car definitely wants to be Knight Rider.

Suggested Improvements

It's a little loud, although that might only be mine. Also, the AC doesn't work and apparently never really has.

Fun and Reliable
By DO2

1990 Toyota Celica Coupe GT 2dr Coupe

I know Toyota stands for reliable, but I didnt know it's going to be this good. Bought my celica in 1998 when I was still in college. Besides changing the brake pads, I never have any problems with it. Not a single time it died on me. Everything works just the same as the day I bought this car. Fun to drive and has great mileage. And surprisingly quite fast. Now I've been working for 3 years and thinking of buying a new car. I dont know if I will have the kind of luxury my celica has been giving me. Luxury of just spending not more than $100 a year for its maintenance.

Favorite Features

Exterior far ahead beyond its time. Nice interior. Reliable reliable reliable

Suggested Improvements

None.

My Little GT Celica
By ToyotaSA-54

1990 Toyota Celica Coupe GT 2dr Coupe

I have always liked the look of this car, finally bought one, I like it more now.

Favorite Features

Headlights, outside design, dashboard and where the buttons are, generally a good car for 1990.

Suggested Improvements

Maybe trunk opening space and rear seat feet space, but it is a sports car, so what the hell, we don't need rear seats.