1990 Toyota Celica Coupe Consumer Reviews 2

1990 Toyota Celica - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Celica model:

1990 Celica Consumer Reviews

Date Most Helpful Highest Rating Lowest Rating
Celica GT Coupe 2 doors
By joemin

1990 Toyota Celica Coupe GT 2dr Coupe

A very trustworthy car. In the 12 years since I bought it, only typical maintainance had to be performed (brakes, oil, etc). It is a lot of fun to drive too. The 2.2L engine easily roars to life. Until I got used to the quietness, the biggest problem I had was to stay within legal speed limits. This car _loves_ to go fast. The power sun roof is wonderfully designed: by raising the back side only, it provides for great ventilation without a lot of highway noise. And when the sun roof is fully opened, it allows for a wonderful evening drive under the stars.

Favorite Features

The headlights are particularly cute. They look like little ears. The dashboard design is very clean and easy to look at. All the instruments are easy to read. And the AC vent under the tilt wheel is a very enjoyable feature on hot summer days. :-)

Suggested Improvements

Although the trunk is reasonably big for a car this size, the trunk opening is rather small so some big items that would fit in the trunk by volume will not get past the trunk opening. I wouldn't change anything else on this car.

Fun and reliable
By redemma

1990 Toyota Celica Coupe GT 2dr Coupe

The Celica GT should be driven with a 5- speed (any car, really) to get the most out of it. The car has been very reliable and I am pleased it is still (now 192,000 miles) running strong considering it is a sporty coupe with manual gearbox. Interior space sucks and gets annoying after awhile. I had many problems with the a/c which never really worked. The engine is solid. Also, the car tends to hydroplane more than others. Overall, a fun car if maybe now outdated in performance. It still looks good though.

Favorite Features

sporty cockpit, handling, passing power on highway (with 5spd!)

Suggested Improvements

a touch more hp, AC

great sexy coupe
By hotjewels

1990 Toyota Celica Coupe GT 2dr Coupe

I am 21 yrs old and have had this car since i was 17. the car never gave me one problem. iis very fast, picks up quick and is nicely sport styled. my mileage is over 160 now and the car is like new

Favorite Features

low to ground, nice looking, fast, great on gas

Suggested Improvements

water comes in car when windows are down and using wipers, cup holder is placed inconviniently